Can't Pitch, Can't Hit

17 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Obviously it's time to start the sell-off.

What kind of package you think they can get for Gunnar?

They better dig up Babe Ruth and a time machine for Gunnar and Adley.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• More unnecessary Hays calumny.  Hays has hit into DP’s in 9.1% of his DP opportunities in his career, well below the major league average of 10.2%.   This year, he was at 3.5%, having hit into one DP all season.  If you’re going to bash a player after he’s gone, at least have a factual basis for it.
    • I like KB and think he is Uber talented.  He has an incredible voice and a passion for the game.  With that said, his pop culture tangents get a little annoying.  But then again, I can’t imagine the things that would come Out of my mouth if I had to talk for 3 hours non-stop. 
    • They just failed on getting that one really solid BP arm. Domínguez and Soto have potential and upside to do well but they are far from a sure thing. 
    • Or saying a pitch missed low when it was an inch below the strike zone and 3 feet outside
    • To your first point, yes, the speed is the difference maker.  That plus the power makes him a potential superstar who has the ability to effect the game in a variety of ways.   To you second point, the beauty of their deadline approach was that they were able to add pitching plus two big bats (Holliday & Mayo).  They arguably got the best pitcher available.  Had they gone after a higher target (Skubal) they would have only been able to add pitching and NOT been able to add the impact bats (Holliday & Mayo).  Net net, they came out way ahead of where they'd be with Skubal in the rotation IMO. 
    • Really unclear right now since we don’t know when Westburg and Mateo will be back, either. I also still think it will be on the radar to sneak Mayo back to AAA for a couple weeks at some point before the end of the year so he’s ROY eligible next year - not a requirement if he’s doing well and contributing, but maybe if he warrants a reset. If not Kjerstad, I expect it will be pinch runner / defensive replacement types that don’t require adding a prospect to the 40-man early (like EBJ or Fabian). Not exciting. Could even be Hunt or Handley if they want to be able to pinch hit / pinch run for McCann without having Adley need to come into catch, and evaluate them for whether they warrant offseason 40-man spots. 
    • Ah okay, was just thinking because of your username.   
  • Popular Contributors