AL playoff picture

eddie83

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. I think it’s because BAL would be out in 3 way tie with MIN and DET.  

My gosh. You just said that. 🤦‍♂️ 

😂 

Yeah if we win Tuesday the Tigers going 6-0 is better than them going 5-1 for us which is weird.  

3 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Yeah if we win Tuesday the Tigers going 6-0 is better than them going 5-1 for us which is weird.  

In NFL they use division tiebreakers first. That always confuses me with multi teams in it. MLB has some odd ones.  

I can see TB beating them couple of times. Of course had we just won the damn game Saturday or today …..

The non-Tigers teams slumping has ESPN giving even the 78-78 Rays and Red Sox a fraction of a percent.

Tampa can close to within 1 of Detroit if they can sweep there...Pepiot v. Skubal the Tuesday opener.

Much of 2024 the idea of TBR sweeping DET would not have seemed that unlikely.    BOS and TBR finish with each other so only one can get the 6-0 week and hope.

1 hour ago, bpilktree67 said:

It is still 2.  An Orioles win would gave us 87 wins which the Twins could get too.  Then it comes down to tie breakers we have that over them in head to head however if it goes to a 3 way tie with them and the Tigers we would be the one left out.  If it is 3 way tie with the Royals and Twins the Royals are left out.  If it is a 4 way tie the Royals are out again.  So if we win tomorrow and the Twins win out the Tigers have to go 5-1 and Royals go have to go 6-0 we would still be out any other way it is 2.  

Interesting. I didn’t realize that 3 way tie scenario. Thanks.

Blowing that in the bottom of the 9th on Saturday really sucks.

It is still 2.  An Orioles win would gave us 87 wins which the Twins could get too.  Then it comes down to tie breakers we have that over them in head to head however if it goes to a 3 way tie with them and the Tigers we would be the one left out.  If it is 3 way tie with the Royals and Twins the Royals are left out.  If it is a 4 way tie the Royals are out again.  So if we win tomorrow and the Twins win out the Tigers have to go 5-1 and Royals go have to go 6-0 we would still be out any other way it is 2.  

Blowing that in the bottom of the 9th on Saturday really sucks.

• Upvote 1

Who would you rather face in the WC? Detroit is solid but I don’t think their bats did anything off the O’s potential playoff pitchers, you can neutralize their 2 best hitters with the 4 lefties in the pen, and Skubal as of now is lined up to pitch the last game of the regular season (which could change if they clinch before then). 

Minnesota has the best offense (especially with Correa, Buxton, and Lewis healthy) and best back end of the bullpen. 

KC has the best player, best 1-2 rotation punch, and they would run like crazy on the O’s (especially against Burnes). 

The O’s should beat all 3 and it seems like bad karma to hope for an opponent, but the Orioles didn’t play well this weekend, started their 2 worst starters, went 4-25 with RISP, and still would’ve swept them with a sac fly last night (or maybe without an awful send) and if it weren’t for an incredible catch by Meadows today. 

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Who would you rather face in the WC? Detroit is solid but I don’t think their bats did anything off the O’s potential playoff pitchers, you can neutralize their 2 best hitters with the 4 lefties in the pen, and Skubal as of now is lined up to pitch the last game of the regular season (which could change if they clinch before then). 

Minnesota has the best offense (especially with Correa, Buxton, and Lewis healthy) and best back end of the bullpen. 

KC has the best player, best 1-2 rotation punch, and they would run like crazy on the O’s (especially against Burnes). 

The O’s should beat all 3 and it seems like bad karma to hope for an opponent, but the Orioles didn’t play well this weekend, started their 2 worst starters, went 4-25 with RISP, and still would’ve swept them with a sac fly last night (or maybe without an awful send) and if it weren’t for an incredible catch by Meadows today. 

Not Detroit.   They’ve got that destiny thing going on.   Miracle defense.  Timely hits.  Every bounce goes their way.  

no matter who they play,if they dont blow it, its going to be tough unless they hit home runs and hit with risp. i like burnes and eflin in a wild card series. i just hope today wasnt the last game at camden yards this season,that would be really sad,the fans deserve better , we came out this weekend.

9 hours ago, LGOrioles said:

The best case is that the playoffs come down to final game of regular season for whoever our opponent is so that we miss their ace or face their top starters on short rest.  Detroit lines up for Hurter and Skubal next weekend.  Royals line up for Lugo and Ragans.

5 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I really wish I could get excited for the playoffs.   I find myself depressed and the only thing to look forward to is the Yankees getting knocked out.  This should be an exciting time,  but it is a train wreck. 

Whoever called this a slow motion train wreck a while back was spot on.  Maybe it was you.  When the season is over, the talking heads will just talk about injuries, injuries, injuries.   They won’t talk about the uninjured that didn’t come through when it counted.   We’re fortunate that KC and Minn collapsed recently.   This #1 WC should have been locked down already and the NYY series should have mattered.  

People will remember what they want to about 2024.  For me , it will be the season of never ending missed opportunities.    

• Upvote 1