Does having Mateo on the IL hurt the Orioles at the deadline?

I can't see any team giving anything for Urias even if he's only the small part of a larger package. Teams know we have an infield backlog, and as someone pointed out, he's always a hair's breath from being DFA. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dzorange said:

Imagine having a deal on the table with Jackson Holliday and saying no because of Jorge Mateo.

Heck, a team might kick in a glove-only SS just to make the deal happen. 

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Urias will probably be kept especially with Mateo's injury and he has almost no trade value.  Norby is one of the O's main trade chips.  Mayo/Holliday are Longshots to be moved for an ace.

Well now that we’ve got that settled…

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So how did Norby look today?  I didn't get a chance to watch the game.

Not bad. He tripped himself up coming in and didn't make the throw to first, but other than that he looked serviceable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I almost never talk about Cano here, but I must say, that last night's 3 batter performance is the very definition of clutch. I wont say more because I know that ANY pitcher can be great one day and horrible the next, but man, what a great job he did.He saved the day, is what he did. And while we are at it how about Kremer's performance coming back from that bruised forearm? Hell, we;'ve had GREAT performances from Kremer, Eflin, Povich, and before his last start, Albert too. Ironically, I haven't seen Burnes be really good in about 5 weeks.
    • I can't remember a reliever we've had who's been as good as Cano who huge segments of the board seem to think is a fringe reliever. It's kind of mind-blowing. What does the guy have to do to get respect from some of you guys?
    • Tony Of course it is valid to question the Orioles pitching  drafting and development. It’s obvious there is a lag in both.    But I think we make too much of it. It’s like criticizing the lack of a WS title.  If that never comes it will certainly be a valid criticism. But in rebuilding completely from the ground up it is clear they focused more on a foundation of player talent.    I think going forward more focus should be seen in this area just as we should rightfully expect more success in the post season.    If drafting stays the exact same for another 5 years he won’t be here imho. I join you and everyone else in hoping to see more pitching success from inhouse. But I am also more than comfortable in where we are today. 
    • Lol he took so long rounding the bases the clip just cut off
    • Actually, I appreciate that, but no the reason I didn’t respond was because you attacked me from many things I didn’t do or say I don’t want to fire Mike, he’s been miraculous in what he’s done so far. my only point in sharing this article about Cashman, and I was pretty clear, was that now that the organization is in a different phase of its development, the strategy needs to change. We don’t draft high anymore, we’re not high on the waiver wire list anymore, and in a system that has a paucity of worthwhile pitching, we have just traded away two meaningful pitching prospects. The worry is that Elias might not change the way he acquires assets, and I suggested that the attitude of stubbornness, arrogance, confidence, whatever one wishes to call it, might cause problems going forward, and I am hoping that he will adjust.    
    • It looks to me like Joey Ortiz has a decent shot to win the NL Gold Glove at 3B, or at least be a finalist. OAA: Ortiz +9, Chapman +7, Arenado +6, McMahon +5, Hayes +5 Rtot: Ortiz +14, Chapman +12, Arenado +12, McMahon +9, Hayes +8 Rdrs: Chapman +15, McMahon +9, Hayes +9, Ortiz +6, Arenado +4 My guess is Chapman will win it because he’s better known.  But stranger things have happened than Ortiz winning. 
    • How was last night different than the usual?
  • Popular Contributors