Hays traded to Phillies

deward

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Trade from the top of the deck approach:  A+

Solid B on Dominguez too.  Still need another RP.

Pache is textbook swing decision/swing hard in case you hit it approach: plus EV, plus HH%, plus Chase%, and plus BB%...  with an awful Whiff%.  

Is Pache Spanish for Honeycutt?

28 minutes ago, interloper said:

Do we know how long Mateo will be out? 

I have no direct information, but when I had what looked like the exact injury to my elbow (subluxation/hyperextension/dislocation that spontaneously popped back into place), there was enough soft-tissue damage that I could not use my fingers for 4-6 weeks, with pretty intense physical therapy to get my hand back and to keep scar tissue from mucking everything up in the elbow. 

Hopefully he didn't have as much damage as I had, but he could still be out at least 3 weeks, in my opinion. 

52 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Did it work with Fuji? Why are we trading for projects 

What is the possible comparison with Fuji?

Dominguez has 230 major league apperances and a career ERA+ of 112.   Fuji's ERA+ is 58.

I guess you are making the comparison because Dominguez walk rate (3.7) is probably the worst thing in his profile?   But Fuji's walk rate is 5.1.   That's an order of magnitude worse.   Dominguez has a better K rate and better H/9 rate than Fuji too.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Why does Povich even need to be called up? They can stick with McDermott. Or if they want Povich, just send down McDermott for him. 

Hopefully between the two of them, they only make one more start until our playoff position is decided.

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Hays is a likely nontender after the season too.   With what he would get in arbitration.   So in that respect it was a likely nontender for a likely not-picking-up-the-option.

Hays is likely the starting left fielder for the World Series bound Phillies.  Respect is a good word and it should applies Hays.

Edited by wildcard

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hays is likely the starting left fielder for the World Series bound Phillies.  Respect is a good word and it should applies Hays.

We can respect Hays while also discussing the realities of baseball roster management. The Phillies are pretty likely to non-tender Hays next season also. Maybe not as likely as the Orioles, but a $7.5 million platoon bat is not the best use of resources. 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Wow, didn't see that coming.  OF upgrade on the way to replace Hays?

Hopefully Brent Rooker is on the way. Hays was batting better than .300 vs LHP so they need a righty to fill that role, and I don't see anything to be optimistic about in these 2 phillies players in the return.

I'm going to miss Hays. I liked him alot, especially the previous 2 seasons. But I also hope we can back fill the RHB vs LHP spot with a much better hitter in a trade that may be about to happen soon before the deadline.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

We can respect Hays while also discussing the realities of baseball roster management. The Phillies are pretty likely to non-tender Hays next season also. Maybe not as likely as the Orioles, but a $7.5 million platoon bat is not the best use of resources. 

I doubt the Phillies platoon Hays.  And I think they keep him next year.    Hays problem is staying healthy.  When he is healthy he hits and plays a good left field.

I hope Hays has a great second half with Philly. I'm glad we had him during the dark times and I've always appreciated the way he went 100% all of the time. I hope he rakes there, the Phillies seem happy to have him.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

He has an ERA near 5. Looks like a project to me.

Actually the more I look at Dominguez the more I is why they traded for him.   He throws his four seamer at 97.  And he has a good slider.  His sinker and change up stink.  But he could be a very good two pitch reliever.

Yes he has has had a bad first half but he career numbers are pretty good.