July 26 - Padres vs Orioles

86this

Remember what happened at the end of the season last year. I’d rather them go through a rough stretch now and have to play competitive games at the end of the season. Winning the division doesn’t seem to be an advantage anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, terpoh said:

I guess I am trying to figure out how a score keeper in 2024's baseball should score that then. Side arm throw = error on SS, not side armed throw = error on 1B? Trying to look cool = error on SS, not trying to look cool = error on 1B? He throws everything side arm I dont think that play was any different. He took an awkward last hop that skipped low, then threw it how he always does. 

We're all frustrated so I am just taking that out here in the game thread, just having a hard time following your rationale. 

He's not doing anything that I can see now while he is struggling defensively that he wasn't earlier in the year when he was playing much better defense.

But it's human nature to seize on anything when there's a slump like this.   Adam Jones could make ten great plays while blowing a bubble, but one bad one and the bubble is suddenly the problem.

Was having the 403 message gonna try this again.

Horrible ball call on Profar that was clearly strike 3. You just can’t be a MLB ump and be that bad at your job. 2 pitches later tie game on HR. Then a bad throw by Gunnar that Mount should have picked. Next up is the adventurers of walltimore making Kjerstad look like someone who has never stepped on the field before.

On the plus side yanks had 2nd & 3rd no out and didn’t score.

1 minute ago, gshepherd7 said:

Remember what happened at the end of the season last year. I’d rather them go through a rough stretch now and have to play competitive games at the end of the season. Winning the division doesn’t seem to be an advantage anymore. 

I am not sure this is just a slump. If it's one, it's a very long one and a very bad one. We can all see that the team is completely out of sorts. I think something is going on in the clubhouse.