Eloy Jimenez aquired

eddie83

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

More unnecessary Hays calumny.  Hays has hit into DP’s in 9.1% of his DP opportunities in his career, well below the major league average of 10.2%.   This year, he was at 3.5%, having hit into one DP all season.  If you’re going to bash a player after he’s gone, at least have a factual basis for it.

Good points, thanks for the reality check on a persistent impression from all those hard grounders to the left side. It did seem to me that this year was much better than before. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I was a big fan of Stowers, and I wanted Norby up getting the majority of starts at 2B, so I get where you're coming from. Both players have power potential but they both have a lot of swing and miss in their game. 

I didn't like the trade at the time but I've come around on it. There's no way of knowing how long this window will be open with the current group of players, but having at least 4 of the rotation spots accounted for moving forward has some value. 

Well let's see how Rogers looks going forward. More outings like the other day and I personally will not want him anywhere near being one of the pieces moving forward into next year. At least not part of the starting rotation. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

I honestly thought he was just gonna go up there with a long hard swing and pull everything or strike out.  He has been the opposite as he has short stroke and is going to right field more then pulling anything.  

3 hours ago, slakattack said:

Lose Mountain, Brad, Means, Tyler, Danny, now Grod and go ahead and subtract Mateo. Hays, and Westy then reset  Mullins to 2021 and you end up with an average team, not a 1st place team - has nothing to do with Hyde.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I love this dude. He’s Nelson Cruz 2.0 out there. Big dude. Probably would hit bombs like Cruz if we didn’t have the new LF and WALL. 

He’s our Jeff Conine/Delmon Young “Professional hitter”. 

We don’t need 6 years of service from him. Just 3 months. 

Ceiling. Just like Mayo. Ceiling. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

I’ve read somewhere on here that he’s all line drive/ground ball and not much in the air.

Anyone knowledgeable about swing mechanics and the likelihood of him lifting some balls? To my amateur eye, he’s hitting to all fields and I like his approach, but it does seem to be more line drive driven.

Honestly even if he doesn’t hit HRs, I think his approach could be just fine as we get plenty of home runs. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator
  • Upvote 1

Could you imagine if the MASN crew celebrated Hays etc not being on the team anymore, yeesh.

Between their fans, this and Getz and Reinsdorf, I don’t have much sympathy for what’s going on the Southside.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well, I guess I need to get to the stadium by 11 AM today to watch Urias and Westburg here in Nashville! The stadium is 50 feet from my office window.
    • No, It is my understanding that he is now a FA. Any team that picks him up is on the hook for prorated minimum this year only. The O's owe him the buy out. 
    • Burnes starting won’t help anyone hit. And I have minimal expectations for Westburg in his very first game back.    We just gave up 15 runs to a pretty damn pedestrian SF lineup last two games. I don’t think a ‘hangover lineup’ is going to help as much as you think. Plus again, if we can’t score it doesn’t matter much what the opposing lineup looks like.    I did just realize we have 10 games left, not 11. 3-7 seems even less likely than 3-8, ha.   
    • Game 1 Corbin Burnes, and Sunday Jordan Westburg and a bullpen game before an off day? We'll see in 10 days, but I think the Tigers run of good play at the end will have helped protect OPACY home field for the ALWC round. Very happy flight for the Tigers, and I'd guess they are asleep at their Baltimore hotel by now, waiting for tomorrow night.    Tigers home next week with two Skubal starts if necessary and a White Sox series, so the Royals and Twins are probably cheering pretty hard for us. If we finish this week 0-4, the Yankees might have that hangover lineup the day after division clinching one of our games there.    It looks pretty likely while we are in New York, the guys will have a front row seat handing over the AL East champion honor.
    • They still need to win a few games to get there. I still don’t understand why people are acting like that is so certain (quoting you but not referring to you, per se).    3-8 in the last 11. 11 games left. In all seriousness, what makes anyone think we can even go 3-8 in the next 11?  We are bad in every single phase of the game and we’re playing against teams who have everything to play for (other than SF today, and they’ve pretty easily handled us this week already).    These last two games against SF, especially last night, have convinced me they’re going to fully blow this. We’ve already shown that Detroit can handle us. Probably going to lose to Webb today. Then it’s NY in NY. When is the last time we beat the Yanks in a late season series that mattered to both teams?  Ever? This team certainly isn’t the one to do it. And then it’s do or die in MIN. Anybody believe we can take 2/3 there?  I just don’t see a path to more than three wins, and even getting three doesn’t seem remotely certain. I think we’ll be lucky to win one game each of these last three series. Maybe that’s enough, but I’m far from sure they can even do that.    What’s the counterpoint to this?  Injury returns?  Too late for that IMO. Just start playing better?  What would make anyone believe that’s going to happen after 3.5 months of bad baseball? For real, someone tell me what they’re seeing that makes them think even 3-8 is going to happen in the next 11. 
    • We traded far too much for what we got in return IMO. You can't totally judge trades this early but as it stands now, Elias gets a well deserved D for his trade deadline performance. I've said this before. He's done a fantastic job bringing this club back to relevancy. I just question some of his roster construction and trade decisions.
    • Since July 1st, the Orioles are 31-37 and since the Trading deadline when Elias was supposed to make the team better they've gone 19-24 (.441). Now grant it the team lost Westburg and Grayson as well as Eflin for a little bit, but what can't be swept under the rug is that Elias traded a decent part of his minor league league prospects and the team has done worse. The acquisitions of Rogers, Jimenez and Soto have not improved the team. Eflin has kept them from being even worse and we have him for next year, and the same goes for Dominguez. Hopefully Soto will figure it out or Elias wasted two pitching prospects (Chace being probably being the one with the most upside of any pitcher traded).  
  • Popular Contributors