2024 Trade Deadline Aftermath

Sanfran327

1 minute ago, 1fingerwillie said:

Isnt Mateo on the 60 day?

Yes, moved there today as part of the 40 man manipulations required for everything that happened.   Eligible to come off Sept 22.

30 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

I'm just pointing out the irony that you want him over Pache because you say Pache is DFA fodder

One has a career OPS of .720 and the other .518. While neither is stellar one is pedestrian and the other is awful. 

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Will the O's resign John Means this offseason?

He is an LHP with a track record of injury filled success, and I do think the Orioles will try to keep him. It won’t be very expensive and I think John probably wants to be here too.

• Thanks 1

TBS announcers just caught me up Mark Leiter, Jr (who made it to Philly and is helping Yanks so far tonight) had had a streak of 23-24 consecutive batters retired, but Aaron Boone just had him issue an IBB behind a ghost runner to break his streak.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

TBS announcers just caught me up Mark Leiter, Jr (who made it to Philly and is helping Yanks so far tonight) had had a streak of 23-24 consecutive batters retired, but Aaron Boone just had him issue an IBB behind a ghost runner to break his streak.

How did Leiter arrive at Yankee Stadium so fast?  The trade was announced about 3pm.

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

How did Leiter arrive at Yankee Stadium so fast?  The trade was announced about 3pm.

Looks like Cincinnati to Philadelphia was the travel Leiter needed to do this afternoon/evening.

He did it in time to excel in the bottom of the 10th and push the game another inning after Phillies pitching also didn't let the ghost runner in in the top of the 10th.

8 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Game is in PHilly, FWIW.

Cubs are in Cincinnati.

He came into the game a little while ago.

So he had to get from Cincinnati to Philly by about 9pm, let's say.

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mounty, Holliday, Gunnar, Westburg

Cowser, Mullins, Santander 

OHearn

Adley

Bench: Urias, Jimenez, McCann

Bubble: Kjerstad, pache, Soto, Slater

Mayo 27th man in Sept?

What I am confused about is the lineup vs LHP. 

Holliday to the bench, Urias in. 

O'Hearn to the bench, Eloy in. 

We are still stuck with two LH OF's out of Mullins, Cowser, and Kjerstad. 

It seems we are better off with a RHB OF instead of Kjerstad to play vs LHP but I'm not sure Pache or Slater are playable.