Austin Slater 2024

9 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Good game for Slater today. He is basically playing at his 2021-2023 level which is a pretty solid role player. Flipping Hays for Dominguez, then getting Slater for the Hays role for just a PTBNL, is panning out well so far. 

Slater is back to having a defined role here. He was primarily a platoon RHH with the Giants. A winning team. Sometimes players perform better with a clear role and they know when they’re going to play. 

Slater has an .800+ OPS with us. 

On 7/31/2024 at 8:20 AM, Winter said:

I think Elias is after Slaters OBP vs. LHP. 

.365 career OBP v. LHP! With lots more walks and stolen bases, and a little less power than Hays (vs. LHP, that is).

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Haven’t seen anyone say “wow, I miss Austin Hays right now.”

I said it two days ago when Cowser made a throw ten feet wide of 2B and allowed a runner to advance who should have been a dead duck at 2B.   

• Upvote 1

Slater has ended up a good addition as the McKenna on this team. Having that nice game against a righty yesterday was nice, but he's here to hot against lefties and he's done well with that overall. 

Defensively he's solid in all three spots which is a rarity.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Slater has ended up a good addition as the McKenna on this team. Having that nice game against a righty yesterday was nice, but he's here to hot against lefties and he's done well with that overall. 

Defensively he's solid in all three spots which is a rarity.

He's been a good addition and better than I expected.