Hold the Mayo?

Bird Lady

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Like I say can you even read?

No player is a 100% lock in baseball.

As well you know or you'd be offering 1000-1 odds, since it's free money and all.

Mayo will probably be better, but it's stupid to pretend like it's a certainty.

ThIs IS EXACTLY what I thought you would say.

I had chicken for dinner tonight btw.

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I don't think it is very likely.  I think it is a 100% lock.

I think it's a 100 percent lock that Mayo at his peak wlll be a better hitter than Urias is this season.  But for the rest of this season?  Not so certain.  

1 hour ago, 24fps said:

I mostly agree with your post, but Livan Soto was called up to replace Westburg and he's a rookie.

Soto is a true "utility man"--he can play adequate defense at 3B, 2B and SS, while not offering much with the bat.  Apparently that's what the O's want, which means that the plan is for Urias to play most of the time at 3B and Holliday to play most of the time at 2B for now.  

38 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

August 16 or 17.  Whenever there are 44 days left of the season.  Then Mayo won't exceed the ROY limits.

This. It appears that August 17th marks the 44th day before the end of the season.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• That's just McCann after he got drilled in the face.
    • Super valid points though I think the hitting has been the issue more than the pitching which has amounted for the majority of the injuries.
    • There has to be something hurt. His physical metrics are down from last year when there isn’t any reason they should drop. He’s was very good the first half of the year and then immediately fell off a cliff for July, August and now September. I’d be shocked if we don’t find out that he’s been playing a lot more hurt than they are telling us.
    • Maybe he plans on taking credit for either happening..?
    • I think the start of a young player is huge for guys coming up in the majors especially the younger talented ones.  This is the first time some of them have struggled and had real pressure on them being brought up in a pennant race.  Both Mayo and Holliday are Hugh school picks and never been in a huge stage compared to say Dylan Crews another young player breaking in.  Crews played for LSU in the Sec where there was huge crowds and pressure in weekend series there then they made a run through the playoffs and to the College World Series facing some of the best pitching prospects in the game.  In Crews’s case he even faced Skeenes in an inter squad game.  So he was facing top talent and in a much bigger stage than even minor league baseball.  Holliday and Mayo were playing against an 16-18 year old computer nerd in high school who through 80 mph.  Yes they played some games in travel ball and showcases against better high school kids but still not same then playing in college baseball playoff tournaments and World Series type games.  Henderson seemed to have similar struggles.  The two guys that seemed to adjust better Rutschman and Westburg played college ball and major conferences along with Super regionals atmosphere.  
    • Is it possible to lose a three game series in just one game? I wonder if the O’s will find a way…
  • Popular Contributors