I had no idea the White Sox were this bad!

LA2

19 minutes ago, dystopia said:

The 2021 O’s also had a 14 game losing streak. Eerie similarities to this WS team. 

See with the 2021 O's, they were rebuilding and actually had a future through all the losing because we got the first overall pick that became Jackson Holliday. The White Sox get better odds in the draft lottery but aren't guaranteed the top pick. The farm for Chicago is a barren wasteland and they will be paying for the sins of Kenny Williams and Rick Hahn. They're a clown show that blew their window because Tony LaRussa was hired because Jerry Reinsdorf perpetually lives in the 90's and "wanted to right a past wrong" when they fired him and LaRussa went on to greener pastures in Oakland and St. Louis. They are a literal meme franchise and they should serve as a reminder to what could have been for the O's had the Orioles not gone with Elias and Co.

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

See with the 2021 O's, they were rebuilding and actually had a future through all the losing because we got the first overall pick that became Jackson Holliday. The White Sox get better odds in the draft lottery but aren't guaranteed the top pick. The farm for Chicago is a barren wasteland and they will be paying for the sins of Kenny Williams and Rick Hahn. They're a clown show that blew their window because Tony LaRussa was hired because Jerry Reinsdorf perpetually lives in the 90's and "wanted to right a past wrong" when they fired him and LaRussa went on to greener pastures in Oakland and St. Louis. They are a literal meme franchise and they should serve as a reminder to what could have been for the O's had the Orioles not gone with Elias and Co.

Don't let the incompetence at the top of the WS make you unfairly judge their farm system.  Their farm is bursting with talent.  Fangraphs just rated them the #3 farm system, which seems a little high.  Fangraphs had them w 6 top 100 prospects.  They obviously have been drafting very well, developing that talent will be another challenge.  I think fans of other teams where still saying the O's farm sucked in 2021 when the O's I believe had the best farm system because the O's farm had been bad for so long.

White Sox make it 21 and join the Orioles as owners of the longest MLB losing streak in my life span, and the longest losing streak in American League history.   Tomorrow they can erase the O's from the record book.

• 1)  26 in a row -- 1889 Louisville Colonels
  • 2)  24 in a row -- 1899 Cleveland Spiders
  • 3 tie)  23 in a row -- 1890 Pittsburgh Alleghenies, 1961 Philadelphia Phillies
  • 5) 22 in a row -- 1890 Philadelphia Athletics
  • 6) 21 in a row -- 1988 Baltimore Orioles (to start the season), 2024 White Sox (active)
Edited by SteveA

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

White Sox fire manager Pedro Grifol.

Grady Sizemore named interim manager.

Overdue.  It’s not a talented team, but they also have played very lackadaisical baseball the whole time Grifol has been there.   

Right now they're 28-90, so looks like they need to finish 15-29 the rest of the way to avoid 120 losses. That might be a tall order for them, as its a better pace than they've played over the year.

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Right now they're 28-90, so looks like they need to finish 15-29 the rest of the way to avoid 120 losses. That might be a tall order for them, as its a better pace than they've played over the year.

Yeah but if you take away the 14 and 21 game losing streaks, they are 28-55!

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Time to bump this.  The White Sox  are now at 31-101.  They have 30 games left and they have a chance to finish worse than that 1962 (40-120-1).  Will they do it? Time will tell.

They need to finish 10-20 to avoid having their name etched in history as worst team in modern baseball at least by record.