I had no idea the White Sox were this bad!

LA2

Losers of eight in a row after being swept by the Tigers and Rangers, and the opener of their current series against the Mets.  They could be on as large as a ten game losing streak when they roll into town on Monday.

There are very few major league teams where you can get legit mad about not sweeping them....  even bad MLB teams are statistically difficult to sweep.  But these guys?  You've got to take them all.   

Edited by Morgan423

2 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

Losers of eight in a row after being swept by the Tigers and Rangers, and the opener of their current series against the Mets.  They could be on as large as a ten game losing streak when they roll into town on Monday.

There are very few major league teams where you can get legit mad about not sweeping them....  even bad MLB teams are statistically difficult to sweep.  But these guys?  You've got to take them all.   

Would have been interesting to see this message board after we got swept at home by the '03 Tigers. Hopefully nothing like that happens again, but being an O's fan I can't help but think we could easily lose 2/3 to these clowns.

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Would have been interesting to see this message board after we got swept at home by the '03 Tigers. Hopefully nothing like that happens again, but being an O's fan I can't help but think we could easily lose 2/3 to these clowns.

The level of hysteria on here is out of control.  I have to admit the O's have played pretty mediocre, but the White Sox aren't threatening the all time loss record by playing anyone good and the 2 best players of the early season are traded (Fedde) and ineffective (Crochet).  I wouldn't be surprised if the White Sox win a game from the O's but their full season offense has been worse than this small sample O's worst slump.

2 hours ago, btdart20 said:

17!  This can't be right?

That was the completion of a suspended game, played before their regularly scheduled game that night. The actual attendance for that night was 11,285.

The White Sox are also chasing down worst run differential in history. The record is -345 in the modern era, set by the 1932 Red Sox. The A's got close to breaking that last year but put up a somewhat respectable 2nd half and only finished -339. The historically bad '03 Tigers had -337. 

The White Sox are at -310 with over 20 games to go.