Burch Smith 2024

Big Mac

6 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Outside of Bautista very mid. Sorry. 

What are your expectations for reclamation projects?  

Cano was an All Star last season. We made Jorge Lopez into an All Star. Suarez came out of nowhere and is pitching like a #3. Voth and Spenser Watkins previously came out of nowhere to pitch like #3/#4 types. 

Perez and Coloumbe have turned into heck of LH RP. Webb. 

Means and Wells were developed by the staff after not looking like anything special previously. 

Bradish was not a top prospect when acquired from the Angels. Struggled in his debut. Was a top 10 SP in the AL before injury. Maybe top 3-5. 

Some people got Sydney Sweeney expectations. 😍

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What are your expectations for reclamation projects?  

Cano was an All Star last season. We made Jorge Lopez into an All Star. Suarez came out of nowhere and is pitching like a #3. Voth and Spenser Watkins previously came out of nowhere to pitch like #3/#4 types. 

Perez and Coloumbe have turned into heck of LH RP. Webb. 

Means and Wells were developed by the staff after not looking like anything special previously. 

Bradish was not a top prospect when acquired from the Angels. Struggled in his debut. Was a top 10 SP in the AL before injury. Maybe top 3-5. 

Some people got Sydney Sweeney expectations. 😍

Again Cano has been mediocre since the first half of last year.  Perez on most days people on here are ready to move on from when reading this site. Lopez looked good for about a half of season before the league caught up to him. Voth and Watkins blah. I even admitted to Bradish and Columbe as being good. As Tony P said himself the Orioles are probably no better or no worst with these kind of guys then any other team. 

Just now, Baseball fandom said:

Again Cano has been mediocre since the first half of last year.  Perez on most days people on here are ready to move on from when reading this site. Lopez looked good for about a half of season before the league caught up to him. Voth and Watkins blah. I even admitted to Bradish and Columbe as being good. As Tony P said himself the Orioles are probably no better or no worst with these kind of guys then any other team. 

I did have to chuckle though when you said Voth and Watkins look like a 3 or 4 my goodness all the losing over the years have really set the bar low. 

10 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Outside of Bautista very mid. Sorry. 

Albert Suarez is mid? That's a pretty crazy take. Coulombe, Webb, and Perez have been incredible finds. Maybe not elite pitchers but certainly viable bullpen guys that any MLB team would be glad to have. 

Jorge Lopez was very good for us and we turned him into Cano who has been worth almost 4 WAR the last two years.

Lyles outperformed his career numbers. Cole Sulser had a career year for us. Krehbiel was pretty good. 

Yes, these are mid guys but when you add it up there is a lot of value there. I do not believe we have "magic pixie dust" and there have been tons of misses but I'm fine with trying to find value if they see something and we have an open spot. The problem is we have we fewer opportunities with less margin for error than when we were in the rebuild phase.

13 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Albert Suarez is mid? That's a pretty crazy take. Coulombe, Webb, and Perez have been incredible finds. Maybe not elite pitchers but certainly viable bullpen guys that any MLB team would be glad to have. 

Jorge Lopez was very good for us and we turned him into Cano who has been worth almost 4 WAR the last two years.

Lyles outperformed his career numbers. Cole Sulser had a career year for us. Krehbiel was pretty good. 

Yes, these are mid guys but when you add it up there is a lot of value there. I do not believe we have "magic pixie dust" and there have been tons of misses but I'm fine with trying to find value if they see something and we have an open spot. The problem is we have we fewer opportunities with less margin for error than when we were in the rebuild phase.

Suarez has been decent this year but to count on him next year would be fools gold. A lot of these guys eventually revert back to what they were