8/8 vs Toronto

Since1984

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mean let’s be honest this team has been totally crushed by injuries all season. Significantly moreso than last year. 

They’re still in it. We should be grateful for that.

I watched a team with flawed pitching and a deep lineup win it all last year. Hope it happens again. 

8 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

The entire bullpen needs to be replaced.  Maybe, as in maybe, a couple guys worth keeping 

Elias needs to draft more pitching and do a better job developing it.  Most of O's bullpen is off the waiver wire and some free agents.  Got lucky with waiver wire in 2022 and 2023 but can't depend on that to build a bullpen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, survivedc said:

Give me a break, they aren’t “average.”

What play over the last nearly 2 months show you otherwise? 3/5 of the rotation is mediocre now. The bullpen is made up of all situational arms, none of which are elite. The defense is the worst or close to the worst in baseball for well over a month. What does this team have going for it aside from the offense and 2 out of 5 of the rotation arms?

11 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Going to have to exclusively draft college pitchers next year.

So we can have pitching in 3 years? We need to either sign some pitchers or move more minor leagues for proven pitching. This team loses Bradish, Means, Wells and now Rodriguez and people act like ME failed us somehow. How much assurance are teams supposed to have for quality starting pitching? 

• Upvote 1

They are a complete joke right now. In their last 42 games, they’re 19-22 with a -40 run differential (with this result still pending but including the run differential). Miami, Colorado, and Chicago are the only teams with a run differential per game that bad over the full season. 

It’s not just that they’re losing, it’s how they’re losing. They do nothing on offense half the time, are embarrassingly bad defensively, and aren’t even close in most of their losses. 

Just now, GoldGlove21 said:

So we can have pitching in 3 years? We need to either sign some pitchers or move more minor leagues for proven pitching. This team loses Bradish, Means, Wells and now Rodriguez and people act like ME failed us somehow. How much assurance are teams supposed to have for quality starting pitching? 

Rubenstein better open that checkbook.

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They are a complete joke right now. In their last 42 games, they’re 19-22 with a -40 run differential (with this result still pending but including the run differential). Miami, Colorado, and Chicago are the only teams with a run differential per game that bad over the full season. 

It’s not just that they’re losing, it’s how they’re losing. They do nothing on offense half the time, are embarrassingly bad defensively, and aren’t even close in most of their losses. 

But the offense since the ASB!!!

5 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

2004 vibes I'm getting. I honestly feel like the rest of the way they are going to be a 500 team. Will that be enough to get in the playoffs we shall see.  Oh I agree about the offense the stats look good because they will score like 14 runs one gane but then average like 3 runs the next 4.. infuriating 

Edited by Baseball fandom