8/8 vs Toronto

Since1984

The Orioles seem to weigh the positional player above starter for five years now.  They also refused to trade any highly rated prospects for pitching.  They seemingly believe that Mayo and Basallo and Holliday will be much more valuable in the long-run than getting an arm this year.  They seem to value six years of Holliday way more than 2 1/2 years of Skubal.  Because they likely would of demanded more than just Holliday.  I think Elias thinks all these prospects are difference makers.....so even if we come up short this year in the long run it will be worth it.

But it is frustrating watching this dead team limp along on life support.

6 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They are a complete joke right now. In their last 42 games, they’re 19-22 with a -40 run differential (with this result still pending but including the run differential). Miami, Colorado, and Chicago are the only teams with a run differential per game that bad over the full season. 

It’s not just that they’re losing, it’s how they’re losing. They do nothing on offense half the time, are embarrassingly bad defensively, and aren’t even close in most of their losses. 

Don't show me these stats.  I already am feeling down.

6 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

What play over the last nearly 2 months show you otherwise? 3/5 of the rotation is mediocre now. The bullpen is made up of all situational arms, none of which are elite. The defense is the worst or close to the worst in baseball for well over a month. What does this team have going for it aside from the offense and 2 out of 5 of the rotation arms?

Not much.  And again I blame this on the Os not being a great organization as far as teaching fundamentals and Elias being a really good drafter of talent in the early rounds, but not a guy who has a vision or a talent for later round picks.

And his non draft pitching strategy is beyond horrible.

He is like a FFL drafter who either goes all in on RBs or non at all.  Neither way ever really works.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

The Orioles seem to weigh the positional player above starter for five years now.  They also refused to trade any highly rated prospects for pitching.  They seemingly believe that Mayo and Basallo and Holliday will be much more valuable in the long-run than getting an arm this year.  They seem to value six years of Holliday way more than 2 1/2 years of Skubal.  Because they likely would of demanded more than just Holliday.  I think Elias thinks all these prospects are difference makers.....so even if we come up short this year in the long run it will be worth it.

But it is frustrating watching this dead team limp along on life support.

Why change a strategy that works? 

KC and DET drafted a bunch, how did that work for them! 

I really don’t want any infighting to start, but when people say this is a good team that is playing badly, I think that is wrong. It’s a bad team that could be good but isn’t. Part of it is injuries and a massive lack of depth, part of it is bad general managing, but to be fair, it’s impossible to prepare for this degree of injury(so don’t yell at me about the catastrophe we’ve had with the injured list) but it’s just bad baseball playing. Hyde is very guilty, but he can only play the players he is given, and the players are really really bad. 
I have no faith in this team in October, and if the Bosox Twins and Royals keep playing well, we could be on the couch come 10-2.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They are a complete joke right now. In their last 42 games, they’re 19-22 with a -40 run differential (with this result still pending but including the run differential). Miami, Colorado, and Chicago are the only teams with a run differential per game that bad over the full season. 

It’s not just that they’re losing, it’s how they’re losing. They do nothing on offense half the time, are embarrassingly bad defensively, and aren’t even close in most of their losses. 

Don't show me these stats.  I already am feeling down.

4 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Kremer had 9 base runners in 4 and a third...Thats barely worthy of a major league pitcher.Another fail.

I thought Kremer was a good pitcher last year. He's definitely fell off this year. This team without Burns next year. Yikes