8/8 vs Toronto

Since1984

6 minutes ago, gshepherd7 said:

The plan has to be to buy the arms otherwise the draft strategy is a failure. I love the strategy and this offseason is the time to start buying the arms. New management in place we shall see what happens. They’re not paying anything for the lineup and won’t have to for a few seasons. 

Maybe the Orioles can start developing arms from the Baseball Academy in the Dominican, but that takes time considering the players are signed at a young age. Rubenstein is going to have to bite the bullet and invest in starting pitching unless Elias starts developing pitchers in the draft.

This next offseason is going to be very interesting to see if the Orioles starting being players in the free agent/trade market.

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He made 3 playoff starts for less then 10 total innings. You think this team isn’t making the playoffs?

We get it.  The O's are making the playoffs and losing in the first round.  Might win a game this year.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yessir they are still firmly in it somehow.

The more I see how fleeting pitching is, the more I think we need to strongly consider a Burnes extension. 

I don’t think they’ll do it given the talented position talent they have, but I would understand it. 

No idea what Burnes wants.  We should go ahead and make him a legit offer.  And it will be very telling how much Rubenstein will put up.  If he will pay for two solid starters the Orioles might be able to make a closer out of spare parts.  Maybe Kremer could become the next Lopez?  But two big time arms could be enough for us.  

• Upvote 1