8/11 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

I agree. The love is you traded Hays for Dominguez and got a semi replacement for cash. Nobody is hyping him up to be something special.

I think if he returned to what he was the last 3 years with San Francisco, he would be a pefect fit.  Competent 4th outfielder who hits lefties really well.   A very adequate replacement for Hays.

Now his 2024 season has been terrible, but he did have surgery right after last year, had a poor start, got traded.   Yeah, maybe he is falling off the cliff with age at 31 after being a servicable ML player at 28-29-30.   Or maybe we can settle in and be the player he was the last 3 years and we will be perfectly fine.   And he is certianly our best option vs lefthanders right now.

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Love is a word I use for the team's decision not the board's opinion. I would probably have Cowser in Lot and Mulins in center even though Mullins cut hit lefties...at least he plays good D.

I haven't seen any indicaiton that Slater is poor defensively.   I think he's solid.

I agree vs righties, Cedric's defense definitely makes up for his offense.   But vs lefties, I just don't think it does.

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

When Kjerstad is healthy he should be in LF

I’ve seen that movie before. He is not ready to play LF at Camden Yards right now. We don’t have the luxury to have him learn on the fly while we’re in pennant race. 

Weird how bad Orioles rookies generally look when they first come up. I really don't have any explanation. Holliday's looking lost his first go through, now Mayo swinging through 92 MPH fastballs is really just mind boggling.

5 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

This kid might look worse than Holliday 1.0. Yikes

5 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

This kid might look worse than Holliday 1.0. Yikes

Holliday was 1 for 36 and struck out half his at bats...if thats the same or worse for Mayo he SHOULD be sent down...