CF options for 2025

OriolesMagic83

If Bradfield can sustain the same production in AA that he had in Aberdeen, and I know this is not likely, but we can live with struggles if he plays very good defense. This is highly unlikely, with the way Elias has done things thus far, but not impossible.

Keep Slater as a bench platoon reserve. Start Cowser in LF, Bradfiled in CF and Santander in RF. You can move Kjerstad and Mullins for other parts.

Bradfield barely made it to AA after almost a year. I doubt he's ready for Norfolk in April. I hope Honeycutt gets off to a great start. I hope they get him some time soon at Delmarva and he's ready for Aberdeen next year.

19 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

If Bradfield can sustain the same production in AA that he had in Aberdeen, and I know this is not likely, but we can live with struggles if he plays very good defense. This is highly unlikely, with the way Elias has done things thus far, but not impossible.

Keep Slater as a bench platoon reserve. Start Cowser in LF, Bradfiled in CF and Santander in RF. You can move Kjerstad and Mullins for other parts.

How is Fabian's CF defense?  This seems somewhat more reasonable.  Bradfield just got to AA.  I don't see him being able to hit MLB pitching.  Look how much our top prospects who dominated AAA have struggled on their first call up.  Holliday 2 for 34.  Mayo 1 for 15 or there abouts. Cowser hit .131 last year.  Adley hit for a .400ish OPS his 1st 5 or so weeks.

24 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

How is Fabian's CF defense?  This seems somewhat more reasonable.  Bradfield just got to AA.  I don't see him being able to hit MLB pitching.  Look how much our top prospects who dominated AAA have struggled on their first call up.  Holliday 2 for 34.  Mayo 1 for 15 or there abouts. Cowser hit .131 last year.  Adley hit for a .400ish OPS his 1st 5 or so weeks.

As much as I hope Jud makes more contact, that’s not his track record. I have been a Fabian fan since he was a freshman in HS. He could still be in the 4th OF role.

Bradfield does make contact at a much better clip. Not high quality contact though.

Westburg could move to LF, perhaps. Just an idea as he doesn’t have a position. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

As much as I hope Jud makes more contact, that’s not his track record. I have been a Fabian fan since he was a freshman in HS. He could still be in the 4th OF role.

Bradfield does make contact at a much better clip. Not high quality contact though.

Westburg could move to LF, perhaps. Just an idea as he doesn’t have a position. 

Westburg is our 3B going forward.  He was just an All Star!  😲

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Westburg is our 3B going forward.  He was just an All Star!  😲

Yeah, he was. It’s an option to put him in LF, where his throwing motion will play better. Where else does he play most of his innings, since we want that bat in the lineup as much as possible. 

Mateo is back next year as a super UT, Mayo is likely at 3B, Holliday and Henderson are there at 2B and SS. I doubt Urias is back in 25. 

46 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Yeah, he was. It’s an option to put him in LF, where his throwing motion will play better. Where else does he play most of his innings, since we want that bat in the lineup as much as possible. 

Mateo is back next year as a super UT, Mayo is likely at 3B, Holliday and Henderson are there at 2B and SS. I doubt Urias is back in 25. 

I don’t know why people keep questioning this.

Westburg is 100% an IFer next year and as of right now, he’s 100% going to be at third base. Mayo is NOT going to play third at this level for the Os unless there are injuries or he gets spot starts.  That’s it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, orioles22 said:

Keep Mullins one more year and hope Honeycutt takes off next year and is ready for 2026.

Cowser left, Honeycutt center and Santander/Mayo in right/DH.

Honeycutt hasn't even played a game in the Orioles system yet. With the way Elias has treated players, in what world would we see him start in Delmarva or Aberdeen and even make it to a point where he can be ready in 2026 for anything other than a few "why isn't he up yet?" threads and a post about whether to start him in Baltimore in 2027 or call him up later to save an arbitration year?

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know why people keep questioning this.

Westburg is 100% an IFer next year and as of right now, he’s 100% going to be at third base. Mayo is NOT going to play third at this level for the Os unless there are injuries or he gets spot starts.  That’s it. 

Ok. How dare I raise a question on a message board. The gall of some posters. I should be flogged. 

• Haha 1

• Bring Mullins back (overpriced whatever we're trying to win aren't we.)
  • Platoon Mullins with Slater.
  • Or....sign Hays if non-tendered by Phila (they might want to keep him since Dombrowski has said he's wanted Hays for years)
  • Find another RH bat to platoon Mullins with.
  • I dont think McKenna hits well enough to be in a CF platoon.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Honeycutt hasn't even played a game in the Orioles system yet. With the way Elias has treated players, in what world would we see him start in Delmarva or Aberdeen and even make it to a point where he can be ready in 2026 for anything other than a few "why isn't he up yet?" threads and a post about whether to start him in Baltimore in 2027 or call him up later to save an arbitration year?

Maybe in Jackson Holliday's world. I know that's a lot to hope for, but he's played a lot of high level college baseball. He's older than some of the guys we have already, or at least one of them.

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Ok. How dare I raise a question on a message board. The gall of some posters. I should be flogged. 

That’s right..how dare you act as if it’s some mystery how to fit him in the lineup.

I don’t get this idea that we move arguably our best defensive IFer at the position they are playing and replace him with a guy who is definitively not better than him at the position, at least right now.

I don’t get this thought. It’s been all over the board. The Os have essentially showed zero thought about moving Westburg in the OF. Meanwhile, we know they have tried Mayo in the OF in practice and start him at first in games and yet we act as if that’s not happening and that we will move a guy with a +5 OAA at third. 

Unless they're bringing in a dynamic CF with a good bat via trade (Basallo?) , then it makes the most sense to go with Mullins in CF. Cowser is their LF. Whether or not they should resign Santander is the $10,000 question.