Selby up, Povich down

eddie83

16 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Did his job. Extended the rest for every starter. Go back down, get a fresh arm up. Throw enough crap against the wall with the bullpen and hope something sticks. I could see Povich back up to give everyone a rest once his 15 days are up. 

Lmao.  Get a fresh arm up?  You do realize that they play games in Norfolk, right?  Has this call-up not pitched in Norfolk?  I'm sure he has pitched plenty so that's not fresh unless your definition of "fresh" is something other than Webster's.

38 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Literally never heard of this guy. 

Super-high-WHIP AAAA pitcher who has been absolutely torched every time he's popped his head up in MLB... whom we picked up off waivers from KC last month.   

Unless the coaching staff has identified an insanely broken mechanical aspect to fix (and I don't think that's likely because he's been in several organizations at this point), he'll be a quickly DFA'd ship passing through the night. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Super-high-WHIP AAAA pitcher who has been absolutely torched every time he's popped his head up in MLB... whom we picked up off waivers from KC last month.   

Unless the coaching staff has identified an insanely broken mechanical aspect to fix (and I don't think that's likely because he's been in several organizations at this point), he'll be a quickly DFA'd ship passing through the night. 

A good guy to put in after Kimbrel or Soto has already blown up the game.

• Haha 1

I'm sure Selby and his career 8.67 ERA in 27 major league innings and his 5.52 ERA in Triple-A between three organizations will be an absolute game changer for the Orioles bullpen.

He's mostly a fastball curveball guy. The curveball has a ton of vertical movement but he doesn't throw is much for strikes and MLB and even Triple-A batters have been able to lay off the pitch.

He clearly is a guy they can bring up for a few days and then DFA so I guess he's here to give some guys a break in the pen. Guess Hyde realizes he shouldn't run guys out three days in a row. 

These are the kinds of guys you have to use when you've never drafted and developed a major league pitcher.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1