Eflin on the injured list….

Br10n

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Much better idea to trade 2-3 guys for them and then have them get hurt.

It is. Plus spend cash on a few good old ones on their 5th TJ.  Get the rest off waivers and the rule 5. Throw in a few 15 year old lottery tickets from Latin America. Investing in young potential future pitching is as much a resource sink as buying a boat—but without getting to use the boat.

Edited by Chavez Ravine

49 minutes ago, O's84 said:

What the hell did we do to bring this wraith from the Baseball Gods? This is just absurd at this point!  It's like deliberate targeting at this point.  

The O's have had some pretty good luck in the health department over the past couple of years .  Sadly, the current situation is probably nothing more than regression to the mean.  That said, I hope they get it taken care of once and for all by opening day 2025.

8 minutes ago, 24fps said:

The O's have had some pretty good luck in the health department over the past couple of years .  Sadly, the current situation is probably nothing more than regression to the mean.  That said, I hope they get it taken care of once and for all by opening day 2025.

Yep. It’s why last year hurt so much. Everything was in place.  Similar to the Ravens. Hard to have those types of seasons.

Just now, 24fps said:

Whatever way to you want to look at it, this is just a perfect storm against a boat load of key guys... and very very unlucky.  Plus to complicate matters, we lost Bradish for this year and most of if not all of next year, not to mention Burnes will be gone.

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is the worst our rotation has been since the end of 2022. Watkins, Voth, Bradish, Lyles, Kremer. 

FWiW, Austin Voth currently has a higher WAR than Craig Kimbrel.

Edited by HowAboutThat
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EddeeEddee said:

Yeah we know, but the Guardians looked like the best team in the AL for much of the season while the Astros and Royals are currently the hottest.  And that's just the AL.  It's not like this Yankee team has been close to their dominant teams of the past, even if they do have two of the 4 or 5 best hitters in the AL.  

The Orioles just have to hang in there for a month or so and see who comes back healthy and effective.

good Take, unfortunately the way this season has been going, I'm thinking webb, maybe Westburg, but the way the cards have been falling, GRod, danny and Eflin? seems implausible.

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

It's a tough blow.  This team is still a damn good team.  The offense needs to step it up.  

And of course somewhere soon the speculation of who is available in the Mexican League.  

I remember Rodrigo Lopez, Andrés Mora, Elrod (and M-Gon, it goes without saying).

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

What did the Orioles do to get a bad karmic result?

There isn't anything supernatural going on, it's just bad luck.

Take things a little too serious sometimes maybe? Where on the doll did the word Karma touch you?

We currently have 6 guys on the IL that have started games for us this year. Our starting 3B and 2B. Our 2023 AS closer. 2/4 of our top relievers this season. 

It’s been a war of attrition. We’re still in it. We are who we are. We just might have to go to battle with Burnes, Suarez, and Kremer in a 3 game series. 

From here on out, I'm calling them the Baltimore Band-Aids. Going to wear my scars with pride and beat the hell out of everybody. With McCann walking point, just get out of the way. Now I feel better! Continue!

8 hours ago, foxfield said:

It's a tough blow.  This team is still a damn good team.  The offense needs to step it up.  

And of course somewhere soon the speculation of who is available in the Mexican League.  

Do it Elias, do it