Bowie at Akron 4-11.

BillySmith

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody have insight into Erbe's ETA, what he needs to work on, what pitches he throws.

Isn't a mid-90's fastball guy with a plus curve?

I can't see Erbe making it before 2011. He'd have to jump Patton, Bergeson, Hernandez, Tillman, Arrietta, Matusz, and it the O's decide to take a pitcher in the first (White, Crow) possibly one of them. I see him blowing up this year, making himself a top 40-50 prospect, and being used as the prize in a trade for a first baseman.

I can't see Erbe making it before 2011. He'd have to jump Patton, Bergeson, Hernandez, Tillman, Arrietta, Matusz, and it the O's decide to take a pitcher in the first (White, Crow) possibly one of them. I see him blowing up this year, making himself a top 40-50 prospect, and being used as the prize in a trade for a first baseman.

He's a local kid who said no to a Miami scholarship to play for his hometown O's. Let's trade somone who is closer to arb eligible.

By the way, Erbe hates facing the Indians - here's his stat line last season in Frederick vs. Kinston, Cleveland's Carolina League affliate:

Team W-L ERA GS CG IP ER BB SO

Kinston 0-3 8.47 4 0 17.0 16 12 14

Are you going to the Hangout Night again, Adam? Taking the babe?

He's a local kid who said no to a Miami scholarship to play for his hometown O's. Let's trade somone who is closer to arb eligible.

Erbe seems like good trade bait to me, he's going to end up in the bullpen when its' all said and done.

Archived