White Sox Series

Uli2001

39 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

The White Sox would have to go 16-8 to match the 2018 Orioles.  That's not happening.

To beat the 1962 Mets .250 winning %, the White Sox will need to finish 10-14.  I think that's probably a stretch as well with the September Effect.

I just glanced at the standings , the White Sox winning % is .225 . Are the 1962 Mets being replaced by 2024 White Sox ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I hope our players and Rubenstein's budget are both healthy enough that this doesn't need to be an option.  I expect something like: Grayson, Eflin, a FA/trade acquisition, Kremer, and let Rogers/Suarez/Povich battle for the 5th spot. 
    • I like Akin in the role he’s in, a guy who can give you 1-3 innings and either be a bridge to the set-up guys or occasionally throw the 7th/8th inning of a tight game.  
    • Keep him around for his leadership?   LOL He should be gone when either Webb or Coulombe come back.    I’ll take my chances minus the Kimbrel leadership.  His release might actually give the team a lift.   He’s like a dead weight right now.
    • The problem is that the injuries shouldn’t be too much to overcome. A Yankees team last year with zero depth (only one player besides Judge with a WAR over 2) had a .538 win percentage with him and a .446 win percentage without him. The Orioles had a .662 win percentage through 74 games and have a .455 win percentage since then.  Mountcastle has only missed a month. Urias has missed a few weeks. Rodriguez and Westburg have missed a month and a half. Coulombe is the only player who really has been hurt this whole slump. Everyone else has been healthy for about half of that slump, if not more. There’s zero excuse for them to be this bad. And this has nothing to do with Hyde, just saying that injuries are an easy excuse and other top teams have dealt with them much better than the Orioles have. 
    • Poor managers dont win 90-95 games a year over a 2 or 3 year period.  
    • Yes you can. When those "proven" players have proven that they are terrible hitters - as Eloy, Slater, and Rivera clearly are this season, and before them Jorge Mateo and Adam Frazier - you can absolutely play a rookie who's an elite prospect over them. 
    • Akin as a #5 starter going into next season should be considered but I don’t see how he fits.   Eflin, GRod, and Kremer seem like locks to return.   That leaves Povich, Suarez, and Rogers going for 1 or 2 spots.   I suspect Elias goes outside for a veteran #3 type starter if not better.    I also suspect Akin continues in his current role but it would be interesting to see how he’d do going back to starting. Hicks, Lopez, and Puk all have high octane stuff.    I wouldn’t put Akin up quite as high.
  • Popular Contributors