Injury updates

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So then I don't think he gets optioned. I think they save him for the postseason roster. I see Johnson and Jimenez going for Westburg and Urias. Mountcastle may not be back till the playoffs. 

Yes, that all makes sense. Johnson and Jimenez will certainly not be on the postseason roster.

41 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

O's just announced that Johnson & Soto are going down, Urias & Westburg reinstated. I expect that Jimenez will be DFA'd when Mountcastle returns.

could be Baker, they may want Eloy as RH pinch hitting postseason option.

7 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

could be Baker, they may want Eloy as RH pinch hitting postseason option.

It could also be Povich.  The day off Monday  could allow you to skip start or if  we are clinched and have the Wild Card number 1 seed you use anyone for the start on Saturday.  Povich wont be on the Wild card roster I would think as three game series you would rather a right handed reliever then a 5 starter.  

4 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

It could also be Povich.  The day off Monday  could allow you to skip start or if  we are clinched and have the Wild Card number 1 seed you use anyone for the start on Saturday.  Povich wont be on the Wild card roster I would think as three game series you would rather a right handed reliever then a 5 starter.  

Yeah, I mean I agree good point. but my point is in that WC series they only need 3 starters and 8 Or 9 BP ( probably 8 ) so 2 extra bench spots, i think Eloy stays, at least for the first series. (hopefully)

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

To hit what? Not a baseball.

yeah , thats something he's never done, were going back and forth on who goes when RM comes back (if he comes back) When it's not Eloy, remember me. Who else would be on the post season roster? Mayo.

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

So who do they keep?

Seriously, Eloy offers NOTHING. No defense, no speed (I’ve seen WWII aircraft carriers accelerate faster) and his offense is basically nil.

Over him I would keep someone with speed and defense. Livan Soto, probably, or whomever we have who is closest to Mateo. But you never want such a limited guy on your roster, and there was no excuse for getting him in the first place.. and being cheap isn’t a reason.

Remember,”the bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”