Friday the 13th vs The Tigers

ShoelesJoe

Just now, LGOrioles said:

The orioles are hitting .202 in the last 30 days if you take out games against Colorado and CHW. For reference, the White Sox are hitting .221 this season. It’s actually incredible how bad they have been.

Even with all the injuries they should not be this bad.

I don’t really understand using an opener like they did even though it worked when he is right handed.  The first 4 hitters were left handed or switch hitters.  Wouldn’t you just want a lefty to face Henderson and Mullins to start the game.    

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

seriously, how many ground balls to the right for Adley and O'Hearn in the last month or so?...its almost comical...the only time we DONT get a grounder to the right is when we need to move a runner...

see what I mean? I cant even remember the last time OHearn hit a deep fly ball anywhere...

Can we please stop starting O’Hearn when we know there’s going to be a lefty relieving Brieske in the 2nd? O’Hearn is an automatic out against lefties. And he’s been awful lately, so you might as well play Rivera at 1st and just start Mayo at 3B.

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

It’s incredibly frustrating because any scouting report on Brieske would say he struggles with command and has a walk rate over 4. He very rarely has a clean inning.

Brieske threw 16 pitches and 12 were in the zone or we swung at it out of the zone. Pretty sure Henderson, Santander, and Rutschman all swung at pitches that were out of the strike zone. 

it’s like our guys are taking their hitting cues from Adam Jones and Jonathan Schoop.