The Dull Orange Machine

JR Oriole

Great OP and agree with what's been said. Today's game started with a lot of first pitch swings and outs. I guess that was the game plan but that drives me crazy. I quit watching. I just don't understand this team's approach to hitting. I admit to being old school but to me it's more than just the talent or lack there of. If all of a sudden, they can do a 180, it will be a miracle of the ages. 

1 hour ago, Warehouse said:

I think the downside scenario is more likely to resemble the recent Jays.  

However, there is also a decent possibility that Red Sox and/or Yankees become dominant over the next few years.  I think the Red Sox young core (Durran, Roman Anthony, Casas, Rafaela, Abreu, Marcelo Mayer, Kyle Teel, Kristian Campbell, Miguel Bleis + Devers) is as good or better than ours and they are going to have a lot of payroll capacity.  The Yankees could return Cole and Soto along with Judge and good young pitching - even if the rest of the lineup is middling they will be tough. 

As a result, I’m trying to enjoy the season and not to get too down despite it seeming like a slog.  As frustrating as it has been, it’s still better than being out of contention in September. I’m hoping that all of the Orioles Magic is just being saved up for the playoffs unlike last year. 

Also a good post. Agree. 

Not much to argue with here. Though regarding the struggling young un's, might as well keep throwing them out there most days, to flush their yips and get them "battle tested" this year. Then they'll be in a better position to succeed next year (or get lucky in playoffs). Certainly nothing left to prove in AAA.