9/18/2024 MLB Virtual Ballpark Game

fansince1988

4 games up on Detroit after Webb inevitably shuts us down tomorrow. A sweep away from being up 1. Can we PLEASE just luck our way into 4 wins. Just make the damn playoffs. Thats a win at this point with the injuries etc.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, terpoh said:

Detroits schedule is Baltimore/Rays/White Sox as well.. with how they are playing they should be favored in most of those games.

It is hard to fear a club whose GM was dismantling it a month and a half ago.

Those extra 7 White Sox games the AL Central teams enjoyed have helped them stay closer to the AL's better overall teams.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Watching us potentially fall out of the playoffs is like watching the slowest train wreck of all time.  Detroit up again, they will into Camden absolutely scorching for the Apple TV game on Friday night.  We couldn't possibly have less momentum, and we get Logan Webb tomorrow ahead of the Tigers series.  Its mayday time.

It’s really felt like this for weeks. They were bouncing off the 20-21 wins above 500 rev limiter for awhile but now going to be 16 over and no hope aside from maybe injured players coming back.

Just now, LGOrioles said:

Probably not a good sign that their 2 hitters having the best AB’s right now are the 2 hitters who have been in the organization the least amount of time. This offense is broken.

I've also noticed that Adley appears unhappy in so many moments lately over the past month or so. Even when the game is neutral in momentum.

Just now, Just Regular said:

Those extra 7 White Sox games the AL Central teams enjoyed have helped them stay closer to the AL's better overall teams.

If you watch them play at all, there's plenty of reason for fear.  They are playing like their hairs on fire.  And I'm not buying into the White Sox angle - we've had plenty of opportunity to wrap this up and we are pissing away every chance.  Still plenty of chances in fact, but I'm having a hard time even picturing a win right now.  A single win.  Webb tomorrow, Detroit handled us pretty well last weekend, then NY and MN?  Who is sure there are there are three wins in there?

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I've also noticed that Adley appears unhappy in so many moments lately over the past month or so. Even when the game is neutral in momentum.

He went from a top 10 MLB player to a bottom 5 starting catcher in the league about halfway through the season. I don’t blame him for looking unhappy. 

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Os losing one of those games was so awful 

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

It’s really felt like this for weeks. They were bouncing off the 20-21 wins above 500 rev limiter for awhile but now going to be 16 over and no hope aside from maybe injured players coming back.

Its too late for the injured players to help, in my opinion.  If we do make the playoffs, maybe they contribute to a run.  But for the regular season, we have what we have.  Those guys aren't just going to step into the lineup and suddenly fix the mess this has become.  They're going to need time, and we don't have it.

For anyone who thinks team chemistry and clubhouse construction doesn't matter, all this started when they began trading away a bunch of players who had been in the organization a long time and added a dozen strangers all at once. It's possible some of guys who have been Orioles for most of the careers don't get along with some of the new guys that just arrived.

• Upvote 1