9/18/2024 MLB Virtual Ballpark Game

fansince1988

We've had some bad luck. Cowsers hit wouldve been a grand slam in 7/30 parks, O'Hearns double in 3/30 parks, Riveras out in 14/30 parks, even McCanns double in 1/30 parks. Sucks watching this team. We're legit looking at being 4 games up on Detroit when they come to town.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

This is is one of my worse fan experiences for sure. Even during the dark years they lost a lot, but we expected them to lose, and even then they didn't look utterly incapable of hitting. 

My GOD it’s painful. I have to turn my 6 year old away so he doesn’t have to suffer the realities of it until he’s older.

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

If Tigers win, they’ll be 80-73. O’s on their way to 84-68.

Tell me again how the O’s are 99%. 

Because all three of KC, Minnesota and Detroit would have to pass us. We essentially have to crumble and all of them have to play like .600-.800 baseball. We're holding up our end of the bargain. 

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The Kjerstad-Hjelle competition that inning was between two guys uniquely identifiable by a 2-character letter string on B-Ref.

How the hell did Kevin Brown miss that?   He's got to be kicking himself.   He could talk a whole inning about something like that.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

So who wants to move the left field wall back to the original dimensions for next season? There should be enough data to look at regarding whether it benefited away or home teams more.

I think Elias is smart enough to develop and bring in players around the wall. That said, it is rather extreme and that corner edge in the middle is ugly

Just now, Low Country Bird said:

Because the Twins and Royals would also have to pass us with just ten games to go.  

Twins are 80-71. Tied now, but could be 81-71. Royals would be 82-71 if Tigers win.

They are very, very close to the O’s. All of them.