9/19 - Zach Eflin vs. Logan Webb

Just Regular

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I still think the Orioles win 3 games, because baseball. But there's a distinct possibility that they don't. In fact, there is a chance they go winless.

I honestly think its more likely they go winless than win three.  More likely they win 1 or 2, and that won't be enough.  0-3 against the Giants would be a real dagger.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I still think the Orioles win 3 games, because baseball. But there's a distinct possibility that they don't. In fact, there is a chance they go winless.

Look at the schedule. No team we play is a gimme. Matter of fact at this point teams are circling Orioles games as the gimme.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Nothing..he’s not good. A little streak where he gets some hits doesn’t change that he’s not good.

Also hard to fault him when he’s been their best hitter since his arrival. Would they be better off without him going forward? Yeah. Has he been better than all of their regulars the last month? Yeah. So hard to complain about him too much. He’s not the reason for their struggles right now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Let's be honest, Gunnar ain't finishing second either.
    • Yeah, I don't think the Orioles' struggles against NL teams is very meaningful, but I do think the NL is stronger this year.  All the NL division leaders have looked formidable and steady throughout the season.  But also the Padres and Mets have kicked their seasons into another gear and have really impressed over the past couple of months.  Compare them to the Wild Card teams in the AL, and they just appear more formidable on paper.   Also the DBacks are pretty much outhitting everyone right now -- though that's been offset by their not so effective pitching.  
    • For sure he is out of consideration as the MVP favorite to copy Cal.  Of course,  Cal didn't have an Aaron Judge to compete with.  The runner-up in MVP voting in 1983 was a guy named Eddie Murray.  Eddie had more HR, more RBI, a higher slugging and OPS than Cal, but Cal had a higher WAR and batting average (.318 to .303).  I wonder if Eddie is bitter about losing the MVP to Cal?  A case could be made for either one. 
    • Going to lookup splits before/after AS break for 2024, but my gut tells me the O’s faltered against the NL Central division the last two years. Let’s see how October plays out!
    • I've heard folks I trust a lot here report on him as being good but on a gut level those plays bugged me too. I think Holliday is sufficient alone as a 5th infielder as a playoff roster gets configured, and believe in series you get injury replacements if Urias re-rolls the ankle or Gunnar breaks somebody else's arm.    Rivera and Soto are kind of both about that speed. From comments we know Urias, Westburg, Mountcastle the probable return order, but TBD on the Rivera, Soto, Eloy departures.    I think there's some value to Coby Mayo staying around even if he just watches ala '70 Grich "did not play in series".
    • He missed a cycle by inches on one of the doubles.
  • Popular Contributors