9/21 Povich vs Olson

LookitsPuck

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

I mean sure, place all of the expectations you want. But the larger point is that just because a player hasn't figured it out as a 20 year old in the MLB doesn't mean he's not ever going to figure it out. That apparently needs to be pointed out based on peoples' reactions in this thread.

This is true, but this team is in a playoff hunt and he looks like he should not even be playing in AAA right now. I'm hoping that send him back to AAA when Westburg and Urias come back. He's just not ready to play in the major leagues right now.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He definitely isn't slow. I think he could play a decent LF. Then again we already have three LH outfielders with more in the pipeline. 

His fielding skills are poor.  If he takes bad angles on ground balls in the infield, how will he look in the outfield?  It's like he spent his entire life concentrating on hitting and didn't work on fielding at all.   And the one skill he has - hitting - is failing him at this level.   He has a lot of work to do to be an above average player. 

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I would have released Eloy instead of sending Mayo down. At least Mayo is part of the future

Mayo is clearly not ready to contribute yet. I'm no fan of Eloy at all, but Mayo has been a gigantic disappointment and the playoff run and the playoffs is not time to be giving experience to player not performing. 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

His fielding skills are poor.  If he takes bad angles on ground balls in the infield, how will he look in the outfield?  It's like he spent his entire life concentrating on hitting and didn't work on fielding at all.   And the one skill he has - hitting - is failing him at this level.   He has a lot of work to do to be an above average player. 

He really looks like he was rushed. I know he put up video game numbers at Norfolk but I have to question our people who have put him in this spot at his age.