BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

Everytime I hear Bucknor's name it makes me wonder how umpire's have the job security that they do.

This guy is just horrible at his job. They really need some sort of accountability when it comes to umpires like this. There shouldn't be an "umpire's strike zone", there should be a "strike zone". I realize every umpire makes his own strike zone, but Bucknor abuses his the most.

I'm really surprised he didn't call Nick out on that great slide. The ball beat him to the plate and a poor ump like Bucknor would normally call him out because of that. Luckily, he got that call right.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Headline on Yahoo Sports: "Orioles Bloop Way to 10-9 Victory at Texas"

Um...what? The Orioles had 16 hits, 5 doubles, and a HR. Even the singles were all solid shots, not a cheap one in the bunch that I can remember. It was just something stupid that I noticed, and it irked me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=Alx6A1A.CMON0UjKsgKypdM5nYcB?gid=290413113

This thread pops up EVERY TIME we get Bucknor at the plate. He's the only ump that's so bad, the fans of the winning team leave pissed every time.

I have absolutely no idea how this guy keeps his job.

Because MLB ump supervision is a bad joke, that' why...

Archived