Sept 22 vs Tigers — last home game of the season

ShoelesJoe

11 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

You stay with the hot hand. Suarez was bad, you don’t let him see a 3rd time through the lineup. Akin was pitching efficiently and effectively, give him some extra time.

The point is: you’ve got a decently rested bullpen with no game tomorrow, you don’t need to ride an awful Suarez. It’s the domino effect.

Suarez was far from awful. You don't generally take your SP out under 80 pitches and you know Hyde doesn't believe in "hot hand" nonsense.

6 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

It’s because this team Is fundamentally inept. That’s all they want to do. Santander, Mullins yesterday. Santander again today. 

Sometimes that approach makes sense. Sometimes it's debatable. Sometimes it's just dumb, and breeds futility.

Another AB for Rivera vs. a RHer. Thanks again, Manager Hyde!

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Suarez was far from awful. You don't generally take your SP out under 80 pitches and you know Hyde doesn't believe in "hot hand" nonsense.

Suarez wasn’t good. A lot of hard contact. Be thankful he only gave up 3 and pass the baton. Don’t press your luck a 3rd time through the lineup especially against the guy who crushed you already. It was dumb.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Do you think bad luck is the main reason this team has scored only three runs?

I definitely think that's some of it for sure.  I think the problem people are having is they are not separating this game from all the others.  They've played like dog dodo for a long time but I really don't think they've played badly today.