DH - O'Hearn v. Kjerstad

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, dzorange said:

I don’t know why we wouldn’t expect Hyde to platoon O’Hearn with whoever.

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Back on point: O’Hearn hasn’t hit well in the second half, but he’s earned the right to start at DH vs. RHP with his play the last two years.   

+1. Agreed, O'Hearn starts at 1B vs RHP, Mountcastle pinch hits at first opportunity and/or subs for defense with the lead. If either look overmatched in the first couple games, maybe go with RMC and slide O'Hearn or Kjerstad to the bench. 

Current A-team lineup vs RHP something like this:

SS Gunnar

2B Westburg

RF Santander

DH Kjerstad

C Adley

LF Cowser

1B O'Hearn

3B Urias

CF Mullins

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that depends on McCann.

If he's willing to come back in a backup catcher role, making veteran backup catcher money I think he can find a job.

He's an above replacement level backup catcher, teams would be interested.

He's banked over 50M, he might not think it's worth it to come back for that.

Yes, bring him back. If the plan goes right, we need him for one more year till Basallo is ready to come up and split time with Adley. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Back on point: O’Hearn hasn’t hit well in the second half, but he’s earned the right to start at DH vs. RHP with his play the last two years.   

Agreed......Adley should not be DHing right now anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Honestly, I’d rather have McCann catch Burnes and DH Adley. Heck, maybe the same for Eflin too. Adley’s pitch receiving has been terrible. In the playoffs, you need all the close calls you can get. 

If we play KC you will need who throws out runners the best. 

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

+1. Agreed, O'Hearn starts at 1B vs RHP, Mountcastle pinch hits at first opportunity and/or subs for defense with the lead. If either look overmatched in the first couple games, maybe go with RMC and slide O'Hearn or Kjerstad to the bench. 

Current A-team lineup vs RHP something like this:

SS Gunnar

2B Westburg

RF Santander

DH Kjerstad

C Adley

LF Cowser

1B O'Hearn

3B Urias

CF Mullins

+2 This is what I would do - at least for the playoffs.  Mountcastle has a career 104 wRC+ against RHP and a 98 wRC+ this year. Both O’Hearn and Kjerstad project to be significantly better vs RHP.  Let Mounty mash lefties.

I might give Mounty some more at bats over the last 4 games as part of his “rehab”, though.