Rutschman 2nd half OPS .585 - McCann’s 2nd half OPS .785

KojiSplit

Everything just seems off the last few months.  Lack of pop in the bat and struggles defensively would make sense if he was injured, but a drastic drop in swing decisions doesn't make sense.

Has to be his girlfriend.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Malike said:

He's obviously a better hitter than that, I suspect something is bothering him and we'll find out after the season. Lobbing the SB on Rutschman is a bit disingenuous, our pitchers are basically letting the runner get halfway to 2B before they even start the windup. 

I'll be happy when the ABS system goes in, because an umpire who is supposed to be watching the ball and not the catcher's glove, framing shouldn't even be a thing.

Yep. Nothing annoys me more than watching a pitch go over the plate but called a ball because it missed the target. 

Don't underrate/undercut a player by a poor 2nd half, and don't overrate a player because of a great year. 

Adley had an 800+ OPS in 2022, 2023, and all the way up until July 10th. Yeah, since then he's been terrible. But I wouldn't be shocked one bit if after the season it comes out that he was dealing with lingering back injuries. 

But he's still only 26. He's a hard worker. Don't doubt one bit he comes back stronger next season.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I have to think the fact they haven’t announced Game 2 starter means Kremer goes Game 2 if we win Game 1 and Eflin if it’s a loss.  
    • For the month of September, only Witt had an OpS over 800 and it was only 816.  No one else was even over 700. Second on the team was 692 and third was 636.  So, this isn’t a team that is hitting well.
    • How do you want to see Hyde deploy the bullpen in this KC series? Who do you trust most and least right now in a late and close situation? These are presumably conversations being held by the O's leadership today.  For reference, here's how the IP broke down last year against Texas:  G1: Bradish 4.2, Coulombe 0.2, Webb 0.1, Hall 1.2, Wells 1, Perez 0.2 G2: Rodriguez 1.2, Coulombe 0.1, Baker 0.1, Webb 1.2, Flaherty 2, Wells 1, Perez 1, Cano 1 G3: Kremer 1.2, Wells 1.1, Gibson 3, Hall 1.2, Cano 0.1 Of course, success will start with longer outings by the SPs. After that, what do you want to see? 
    • I think Pham overall will be key this series. Keep traffic off base for Witt. 
    • The current members of the Royals have 63 at bats vs Kremer. They have struck out 13 times, have 10 hits, 2 homers, 4 walks and a collective OPS of 542 against him. He has pitched twice vs them this year. He went 5.1 and 5.2 IP in the 2 games. He allowed 3 Homers but one was to Pasquatino, who is out. He gave up 6 runs, 6 hits and 4 walks total in the 11 IP…but the 3 homers certainly hurt him. They didn’t have a lot of base runners but they made the homers count, as they accounted for 4 of the 6 runs. Pham and Witt have 6 of the 10 hits against him.  
    • Runs scored and allowed per game by month, and league average for each month: March/April: 5.41 RS/G, 4.10 RA/G (4.25 league average)  May: 4.54 RS/G, 3.27 RA/G (4.29 league average) June: 5.62 RS/G, 4.21 RA/G  (4.44 league average) July: 4.60 RS/G, 5.36 RA/G (4.51 league average) August: 4.46 RS/G, 4.86 RA/G (4.24 league average) September: 4.32 RS/G, 4.12 RA/G (3.93 league average) You can see from this that the offense produced an above average number of runs every month of the season, while the pitchers were better than average at preventing runs in the first three months but worse than average the last three.   I don't think that tells the whole story, as the offense had an abysmal five weeks or so that began in mid-August and lasted through the penultimate week of the season.   But by and large, the offense got way too much of the blame for the team's lackluster second half performance IMO.   
    • Thanks, Frobby. Basically, a very good offense, very good starting pitching, bad defense and bad bullpen. Defense has some upside now that the regulars are back. But this bullpen just isn’t a playoff caliber bullpen. 
  • Popular Contributors