Other teams playoffs game thread

Just Regular

If you really look at the Cleveland roster, they are an average team.  Jose Ramirez is fantastic, Kwan is good, and they have a nice bullpen.  But they are badly inferior to the Yankees on paper and it is showing already.  Really, the NL was much better than the AL.  The Padres were the top wild card team and they have way more talent than anyone in the AL. I do agree that Detroit would have put up a much better fight, but the Yankees path was so incredibly easy that there would be no excuse for them not to make the World Series even though they themselves are a pretty good team at best.  

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Last night I resigned myself that the Yankees are gonna end it up winning it all.  Anything else would be a pleasant surprise.

I have no hope for Cleveland so am now rooting for a subway series Mets victory. I live in NYC and play in a mens baseball league here where almost everyone is a Mets or Yankees fan. The Yankees losing that series to their little brother franchise would be a new type of pain for them and it'd be a treat to watch up close. And I wonder if the Mets actually have a better chance than LA, the Dodgers' rotation situation being what it is. 

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

I have no hope for Cleveland so am now rooting for a subway series Mets victory. I live in NYC and play in a mens baseball league here where almost everyone is a Mets or Yankees fan. The Yankees losing that series to their little brother franchise would be a new type of pain for them and it'd be a treat to watch up close. And I wonder if the Mets actually have a better chance than LA, the Dodgers' rotation situation being what it is. 

That's what I'm rooting for, too.  Anyone but the Yankees.

The silver lining if the Yankees win is that Judge gets a ring.  He's one of the defining players of his generation, and I do like it when all-time great players have a championship on their resume.  Despite the fact that he plays for the Yankees...he's an overall credit to the game.  He's a good ambassador for baseball.

Guys like Ted Williams, Tony Gwynn, Barry Bonds....different guys in different sports like Dan Marino, Charles Barkley...like, Dan Marino is an all time great quarterback but his name is hardly ever in the conversation of all time great quarterbacks, primarily because he doesn't have a ring.  No one debates Barry Bonds' greatness, but it's the one blemish on his resume as a ballplayer...no ring.