Do the Orioles need someone like Machado?

Gurgi

While I agree with the premise, those guys are fewer and farther between these days. We are in an era of lovey dovey and jersey-swapping. There aren’t many rivalries, outside of padres-Dodgers, where the players really hate each other. 

4 hours ago, Gurgi said:

I fear we are filled with too many mega religious Lego playing softie white bread error machines. 

I guess we need some more cocaine if we are going to be the 86 Mets.  This team is soft soft soft like baby poop.  

This is the funniest thing I’ve read in days. 😂😂😂 if this message board had signature capabilities my signature would be “I fear we are filled with too many mega religious Lego playing softie white bread error machines.”  🤣🤣🤣🤣

What we need are competent, professional, consistent hitters. Watching the playoffs, I'm seeing teams with plenty of those type of players. The Orioles need some upgrades. IMO, this offseason will be make or break for Elias. 

13 hours ago, Gurgi said:

A very emotionally explosive player that will punch people right in the face?  I fear we are filled with too many mega religious Lego playing softie white bread error machines.  What is the saying about nice guys finish last?  Frank Robinson was famous for being rough.  83 team was famous for being fun and great team mates but no one ever said they were just a bunch of super nice guys.  

I would rather be winning playoff games and be thought of as a bunch of douche bags than keep losing.  I want to be the 86 Mets not this clown show we have.  

I guess we need some more cocaine if we are going to be the 86 Mets.  This team is soft soft soft like baby poop.  

Hyde cant be the guy to lead us anywhere.  Get a Davey Johnson or a Billy Martin.  

Not that I am in any way full agreement, but this is a classic post.  Doesn't Machado play chess?  Maybe we could get some chess boards in the clubhouse and junk all the legos. 

Not all great baseball men are John McGraw bad asses.  Some can be Christy Mathewsons as well, I suppose.  Not that I imagine today's young players much resembling McGraw or Mathewson, but they are the first two contrasting old school types that come to mind.  I will say just based on his postseason alone I'd much rather have Tatis over Machado.

8 hours ago, Hallas said:

I still think Soto (Juan, not any of the others) checks off all the boxes here.  Insanely productive, plays hard, can rub opponents the wrong way on the field but is generally liked off of it.

I'd be fine with a very nice chill dude who smiles all the time and hits like Shohei.