RHH Outfield Targets

sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

This is most likely Santander's only shot at a big payday and somebody is almost certainly going to offer it to him. There's zero reason for him to give anyone a discount.

we don’t  know the interest level …. Santander is a good player but he’s not without warts. This is the only MLB team he’s ever been with and he just seems to be that kind of guy.

“I would love that,” Santander said in the clubhouse Tuesday of signing an extension. “That’s something that we always talk about outside of this room with my family and friends. I would love to stay here. We leave that business side to the front office. We’re just here to live in the moment right now, prepare ourselves. We have a nice group and I really think we can make it longer in this postseason with these players.”

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

we don’t  know the interest level …. Santander is a good player but he’s not without warts. This is the only MLB team he’s ever been with and he just seems to be that kind of guy.

He's arguably the second best bat available this winter. Anyone who whiffs on Soto will likely have interest in Santander, and if they had enough money to seriously pursue Soto, they will have plenty of money to offer Santander.

And him saying he would like an extension with the Orioles doesn't really mean anything. Guys say that type of thing all the time then sign elsewhere because they were offered more money.

7 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Or we could just add someone good.

Of course, I don’t really care if we have the highest payroll in baseball with all free agents on our team. I loved the 98 team. 

I just am being realistic about how “good” of a player we’ll add to be on the short side of a platoon with any of Mullins, Cowser, and Heston.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Tigers go to the ALCS next season with Tony while the Orioles get bounced in the first round again. I can see the cries on here now. 

And I'll be rooting for whomever they take with the draft pick to have a great career for the O's.

Why do you think I root for Mountcastle?