Orioles vs. White Sox 4/21/09 Game 1

baseballnelie

I'm not raining on BB at all. He did well. I've written that several different times. Why can't we just be honest about what we saw both good and bad? Why does it have to be black and white - guys are either awful or the 2nd coming? Most of the time it is shades of gray.

Hey buddy, YOU stink!!!

How about THAT?!?!?!

(Not as badly as my fantasy team, but you still stink.)

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not raining on BB at all. He did well. I've written that several different times. Why can't we just be honest about what we saw both good and bad? Why does it have to be black and white - guys are either awful or the 2nd coming? Most of the time it is shades of gray.

Not raining on BB....but maybe over-analyzing a bit.

Not pleased with DT's handling of the bp. If DT had let Baez stay in, he could have saved Ray and JJ for another day as our offense extended the lead.

As it is, Ray should go 2 and someone else should mop up the ninth so that we have JJ and GS tomorrow night.

I liked pulling BB at 95 pitches, but really have issue with the moves since.

vatech, I agree with your analysis of BB's night, but I still saw exactly what I wanted to see -- a pitcher pitching like a grown up. He was exactly as advertised.

He was, I agree.

I just hope he can keep the ball down. Ask Wang what happens when you don't.

And Wang has a plus sinker (93-95mph.)

I'd like to see him throw a few secondary pitches here & there. His changeup was floaty & scary.

Yeah, I made up a word. Deal with it.

[...]2) More importantly, how's Pie looking at the plate? I see all his outs have been groundouts, which is good.

They've been unfortunately pretty weak turnover groundballs to the 1B & 2B... but yes... groundballs by Pie are always good. Use that speed.

Archived