Orioles vs. White Sox 4/21/09 Game 1

baseballnelie

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were unearned, but the error was on a very hard hit ball and he gave up two solid singles to the guys to get runs scored. The same way we shouldn't go overboard in condemning Pie, we shouldn't go overboard in our praise of Bergeson. He pitched well. I'm happy for him. However, he walked two guys including the lead off hitter in the 4th in front of the heart of the line up. He got hit MUCH harder the second time through the order. He pitched from behind a good amount of the time. He had 4 ringing outs in the game - 2 to Wiggy, the liner to the wall, and the slider that Nick caught deep in right field.

It wasn't the first fly out. The #2 hitter hit the ball to the warning track in right earlier.

He did lots of good things. I liked the tempo. I liked a lot of stuff. However, we should be very honest. He was good, but also a bit lucky IMO.

I don't get the Pie and Bergesen comparison but BB pitched as well as you could ask of any major league pitcher.

They all get hit hard at times and I don't think a couple of walks is anything to worry about.

No he wasn't dominant in the sense of what you'd expect of a top prospect but he isn't that either.

I don't get the Pie and Bergesen comparison but BB pitched as well as you could ask of any major league pitcher.

They all get hit hard at times and I don't think a couple of walks is anything to worry about.

No he wasn't dominant in the sense of what you'd expect of a top prospect but he isn't that either.

Right, he pitched like the #3 starter he's being asked to be. Nobody should have expected him to dominate.

I mean the guy had a no-no for 4 innings. That's better than anything any other SP has done for the O's this season...

Archived