O's, Mora To Announce Three-Year Contract

ChrisRayRules

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news! I have a feeling that the effects of this signing will be more then having Mora on the tea mfor three more years. He is a great guy in the cluhouse, not to mention a long time Oriole. He deservs this contract. Hopefully it will keep Tejada happy as well, knowing that he has his friend for at least three more years.

Interesting how the report says Melvin called Angelos himself and said he wanted this thing done.

Good, glad it's over, glad he's going to be with us. No more talk of will we sign him, will we let him go.

At least we are locking up the guys that want to be here and are good ballplayers, hopefully it sends a message to other FA's in the future.

We probably paid too much, but at least we paid the man.

That's a good point. I have no idea what the parameters are on the contract since it hasn't been officially announced, but if we're going to overpay, we might as well overpay a guy like Mora who wants to be an Oriole and loves Baltimore. Mora is a first class guy who I'm glad will be in the orange and black for three more years.

That's a good point. I have no idea what the parameters are on the contract since it hasn't been officially announced, but if we're going to overpay, we might as well overpay a guy like Mora who wants to be an Oriole and loves Baltimore. Mora is a first class guy who I'm glad will be in the orange and black for three more years.

I agree 100%

Time will tell...

I think it's a good move unless Mora totally collapeses. I mean, look at the alternative...

1. Mora leaves

2. Orioles forced to sign mediocre Conine type player

3. Orioles enter 2007 with 4 gaping holes in lineup- 3b, 1b, Dh, Lf

BLEAH!:002_ssuprised:

Archived