O's, Mora To Announce Three-Year Contract

ChrisRayRules

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly was against the signing at the time. I was filled with steriod fears at the time and didnt want any long term signings. Especially with players who I thought had suspiciously strange career paths. I always thought Mora was a nice guy but I thought he had juiced up to avoid being a career minor leaguer. Its hard to blame him since I also belive most or probally half of the major league players were cheating at the time with PED's.

I guess with the ever increasing speed of scientific discovery sport will never really be fair play like we wish it to be. Its turning into just a fairly meaningless soulless activity. I always have a slight underlying feeling when I watch an event if I am watching a great moment or a great moment in chemistry. For some people I guess it doesn't matter but for me I always like to belive I am watching something real. I never liked "Pro" Wrestling as a kid.

It has made baseball seem more like a farce to me.

Then to have stories about MLB tipping off the teams a day ahead of time that the testers are coming. I don't think they really get it at all.

Then only testing maybe five players when they come! Heck! Test them all!

Do blood test! Put the results on ice for future test!

Maybe this post belongs in the rant section. Thanks to anyone who read it all the way. LOL:(

Great news! Mora is an offensive threat, and the heart of the team and I expect him to remain so for the next 3 seasons. We've avoided (yet another) embarassing PR disaster or losing out on another popular player because we didn't want to spend and we've rewarded a loyal player and a good man and avoided having yet another hole to fill with no viable options. I just hope it really is official. Roberts/Markakis/Mora/Tejada/Gibbons/Hernandez gives us a solid core for the next 3 years. Add one big bat to play 1st and we've got a lineup to contend with.

Oh, got to love optimism being crushed (proves to all of you who claim I'm perpetually negative, that I'm not!). What can I say, situations change. If the team hadn't fallen off a cliff, again, it would still be a good move. Now we're in total rebuilding mode and need to sell off everyone we can. I never would have considered trading Bedard before either, or Tejada until shortly before that.

Originally Posted by Rockbird

Great news! Mora is an offensive threat, and the heart of the team and I expect him to remain so for the next 3 seasons. We've avoided (yet another) embarassing PR disaster or losing out on another popular player because we didn't want to spend and we've rewarded a loyal player and a good man and avoided having yet another hole to fill with no viable options.

Does it seem sometimes that, even when the Orioles win, they actually lose?

Archived