Could we get Stephen Strasburg with the 5th pick?

Could we?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Could we?

Exactly, most casual fans come and go based on winning and losing. Guess what we have been doing lately? Losing! The casual fan is no longer a casual fan, they stopped coming to games and spending money. Most of the current O's fans left are the die hards who know who we are drafting, who knows whats going in the system. And if the Orioles did do a knuckle head move again and push away all the die hards, what is gonna be left? The internet is a beautiful thing, it has led me from a casual fan to becoming a die hard, as have many people on this site. It lends this information of whats going on internally, and through the draft and the farm system to the lessinformed folk. How many Washington people got pissed about Crow not agreeing with the Nats? It will be worse with Stras, and if it were to happen that the Nats passed on Strasburg, it will be a well documented piece of news in the media, it will definately be a known occurence. And it WILL push people away because the National fanbase already feels like the franchise is giving nothing back to them......

I think you are confusing casual fans with bandwagon fans. The casual fans couldn't care less if we are winning or losing, they are the ones that are just going to see a game, or to get out, or have free tickets. The bandwagon fans are the ones that stop coming when we lose, but show up again when we win, just look at the CAPS, by my count we have something like 5,000 bandwagon fans every night.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you are confusing casual fans with bandwagon fans. The casual fans couldn't care less if we are winning or losing, they are the ones that are just going to see a game, or to get out, or have free tickets. The bandwagon fans are the ones that stop coming when we lose, but show up again when we win, just look at the CAPS, by my count we have something like 5,000 bandwagon fans every night.

I wasnt confusing any fans with any other kind of fans....I was responding to what Rshack said. He was the one who called the casual fan one based on winning and losing. So I used his words to respond to what he said.

What would happen if SS left his next start with a slap tear? Would he still go pro and where would he be picked?

Thats a good question.....If he is available at 1:5 with a slap tear, I take him.....I take my chances on a guy who even if he loses a couple MPH on his fastball still will be near 100 MPH. Still will be better than every other pitcher in this draft if he recovers......None the less you are taking a chance in the draft, in this case your taking a chance on whether or not he recovers because if he does recover he is a TOR pitcher no doubt straight off bat. I take those chances over whether or not White can improve his command, work on that 2nd and 3rd pitch and miss more bats, or whether or not Crow can stay healthy enough to be a starter. Or whether Matzek makes it to the bigs and that his stuff can translate to the pros. Very good question but still Stras is a stud even with a slap tear!

Thats a good question.....If he is available at 1:5 with a slap tear, I take him.....I take my chances on a guy who even if he loses a couple MPH on his fastball still will be near 100 MPH. Still will be better than every other pitcher in this draft if he recovers......None the less you are taking a chance in the draft, in this case your taking a chance on whether or not he recovers because if he does recover he is a TOR pitcher no doubt straight off bat. I take those chances over whether or not White can improve his command, work on that 2nd and 3rd pitch and miss more bats, or whether or not Crow can stay healthy enough to be a starter. Or whether Matzek makes it to the bigs and that his stuff can translate to the pros. Very good question but still Stras is a stud even with a slap tear!

You know what...I don't think I'd take him with a slap tear, but that might be a reflection of what I don't know about labrum surgery recovery these days.

Archived