Anyone familiar with Nats Park?

anselmO

Planning on taking a group down to see the O's play in D.C either next Fri or Sat. night.

Wondering if anyone is familiar with Nats park.

Where's the best parking?

Any good bars in the area?

What are the prices like?

Anyone else planning on heading down?

Planning on taking a group down to see the O's play in D.C either next Fri or Sat. night.

Bullfeathers is a good bar / restaurant.

I live right down the road on the military base and the best parking I would say is the parking garages at the stadium or down Half Street. I think the closest bars are in either Georgetown or Adam's Morgan. Not too sure about the prices. I have heard they are reasonable compared to other parks. I'm going to try to get out there one of those nights, but I don't know which one. We should try to get an unofficial "Hangout Night" going out at Nats Park. That would be great.

I went once last summer and thought the food in the park was pretty overpriced. We paid about $8 for a slice of pizza, same for a bratwurst. And they ran out of lemonade. I have been to OPACY, SBC Park, Fenway, RFK, and the Metrodome and none of their prices galled me as much as that did.

We always take Metro downtown because driving in the District is such a pain. Maybe park in the 'burbs and ride in? I know there are signs along I-95 and the Capital Beltway indicating Metro stops to the Nationals stadium. At one point they were advising parking at the Anacostia Metro station and crossing the river to the stadium but I wouldn't advise this as you are likely to be shot by a crack dealer. I wouldn't walk through that neighborhood in broad daylight. Stay on the stadium side of the river. It's an OK neighborhood but the other side (Anacostia) is very dangerous.

Not sure about the parking. Metro at Navy Yard drops you off a stone's throw from the CF gate.

Bars - not much. It's a seedy section of town. Georgetown and Adams Morgan are not walking distance.

Prices are high, but there is quite a bit of selection to eat.

I'll be there Friday night, LF bleachers!

Archived