Being Gutsy in the Bronx – 5/20

O's are Legends

I'd agree except we'd have nobody to play 3rd.

I'd sooner play somebody out of position and get my message across than just say "well Melvin, you can't go doing that." If the other player complains, tell them that Mora and his unnecessary decision forced your hand.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd sooner play somebody out of position and get my message across than just say "well Melvin, you can't go doing that." If the other player complains, tell them that Mora and his unnecessary decision forced your hand.

Mora's had a good game and I can't really fault him for testing Damon there. I don't think I'd want him benched.

Definitely agree... I think Melvin hesitated and didn't decide to run immediately and that's what killed him.

I think you are right. He ran hard out of the box, maybe a little hesitation around the bag at first. MM does not run anywhere near the way he used to. He is swinging well right now.

You're insane. You think he's going to pull a guy out of the game for aggressive baserunning? Seriously?

Is that what he calls all the baserunning mistakes now? I know he says all the right things to the media and all because it makes him look good. If you say smart baseball a million times, the players must follow, its the rules.

Get mad at the results, that is fine, but the play was the right play. He did the same thing on the first double and Damon flubbed it. Damon made a good play, but Mora did the right thing.

Is that what he calls all the baserunning mistakes now? I know he says all the right things to the media and all because it makes him look good. If you say smart baseball a million times, the players must follow, its the rules.

Who's "he"?

I called it aggressive baserunning. That's what it was, nothing more and nothing less. If you think a guy should be benched for trying to take an extra base on a lengendarily weak-armed outfielder, I don't know how to steer you back into reality.

Archived