I'd say they love the Sox, but isn't that the one with the ad mocking Pedroia? :P

Pedroia mocks himself in it, though. They do love the Sox.

(for the record, the clips are of Manny's 500th, called by Thorne, when Manny made the circus catch, high fived a fan, and then doubled up a runner, called by Manfra and Angel, and Pedroia making a good play, Hunter and Palmer)

Well I live in LA and Vin Scully sets a pretty high standard for broadcasters in baseball, as did Chic Hearn for the Lakers.

The difference between PbP and color men are VAST. You simply can not compare Scully to Palmer, they have two entirely different jobs.

Your logic is beer induced, clearly.

You'll be espousing your logic elsewhere if you don't stop this, man.

Well I live in LA and Vin Scully sets a pretty high standard for broadcasters in baseball, as did Chic Hearn for the Lakers.

I really don't care if someone is a former player. I expect them to be excellent broadcasters, despite that obvious impediment to their craft.

Take Bill Walton, he's a terrible broadcaster. Former player. Bad broadcaster. Not sure there has been a player who became a great broadcaster.

Certainly if you're arguing that Palmer is even in the same profession as Vin Scully, you're clearly deluded by your love of the Orioles. I love the O's but Palmer couldn't carry the mike for Scully.

Since you asked what my yardstick for a broadcaster is, OK, Scully is it. He's one of, if not the best.

So tell my my genius friend how much better than Scully Palmer is.

Your argument is just dumb. "Palmer was a great player. Therefore, he has the right to talk about himself all night. And by the way, that makes him a great broadcaster."

Your logic is beer induced, clearly.

Scully does play-by-play. Palmer does color. Apples and oranges. They have very different roles in a broadcast. You might want to quit while you're ahead, or at least before you make an utter fool of yourself.

Scully does play-by-play. Palmer does color. Apples and oranges.

Scully does it all, and he does it all by himself. Nobody like him. Thorne and Palmer are like apples and oranges. Scully is his very own fruit (or something like that).

Obviously I know who rob dibble is. mlb.tv did not start the game at the beginning, as I've already explained but you chose to ignore, and so they did not say who the Nats announcer was so what was I supposed to intuit that from Palmer's self-involved banter?

No I didn't know Catfish Hunter died.

And I've only watched the games this year on mlb.tv and I heard the name Jim Hunter and I just assumed it was him.

But rather than excepting an explanation you just continue your stupid assumptions based on choosing to be ignorant.

I find it hard to believe that you knew who Dibble was but couldn't differentiate the difference between Jim Hunter and Catfish Hunter. Also, the difference was pointed out to you a few days ago like it was mentioned earlier.

You're having about as much luck as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest here. Just stop, please.