6/1 Orioles @ M's

24HOR

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, just an awesome game from Hill tonight! :clap3:

And I think Wieters was a huge part of it... :clap3:

I have no doubt at all that Wieters was a huge part of it. I'm looking forward to what Hill says when asked about Wieters visit to the mound in the 3rd inning. Of course it could be a cliche answer, but I bet the outcome of the 3rd, and therefore the game is different without Wieters timely, but more important and obvious, meaningful visit.

Now Hill deserves most of the credit because he executed from that point on, but it shows that leadership that we heard of about Matt.

I'd understand you constantly hammering away at this if Hill were getting cheap outs or something, but he's got six strikeouts, a low pitch count, and he's been getting grounders and pop-ups. We know he's only been throwing two pitches.

EDIT: In the time it took me to type this, he got his seventh.

Is she getting on Hill's case for having only two pitches? I think it's just a comment on the kind of pitcher that Hill is.

Lol, Wieters has it easy. what sign lol. Um lets see Curve or Fastball.

those two pitches sure have been effective...maybe wieters doesnt have to call the slider.

The sign also says something about location btw...

plus, he has two fbs, tho i dont know how much hes mixed them up

Yeah, I think I'd bring Hill out for the 8th. He has thrown 106 pitches. He is absolutely rolling right now. Let him keep it going.

However, I bet Trembley goes to JJ.

I don't think you can criticize either way. Personally I'd leave it up to Hill

Damn Hill is rolling.

Pitch count is up there a bit though. Can we bring him out for the 8th? Don't wanna push him too hard too fast, but he hasn't had to work at all the past 4 innings. I think he could do it. Won't complain if they play it safe but I'd like to see him brought back out for one more.

I think 8-9-1 has a lot to do with that decision, but so does our thin 1-run lead. I can't tell if anyone is warming up, but I think i'd bring him out too, but when the first base runner reaches i'd pull him out.

Archived