6/1 Orioles @ M's

24HOR

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be shocked if Hill came back out.

Pig Pen's ready and he's the "8th inning guy" :rolleyes:

Its not exactly a bad move. Hill is an injury time bomb. He'd be up to probably 120 pitches if he comes back out. That's the type of increase in workload that can lead to bad results or injuries in his next start.

I'd like to see him come out, especially if the arm is feeling well because his last 50 or so pitches have been fairly easy with nobody on base, but pulling him isn't a wrong decision. Its just a different one.

I don't think you can criticize either way. Personally I'd leave it up to Hill

Totally agreed. He has thrown 106 pitches. I'd leave him out there, but I don't want to see the usual gang up on Trembley if he goes to JJ. Kranny and DT will know if Hill is done. Actually, Wieters will make the decision. It's up to him. And I dare anyone to defy what Matt Wieters thinks.

I think 8-9-1 has a lot to do with that decision, but so does our thin 1-run lead. I can't tell if anyone is warming up, but I think i'd bring him out too, but when the first base runner reaches i'd pull him out.
Right, if he goes back out, you have to have somebody ready as soon as someone gets on.

If he can get the lineup in order that's great, but he doesn't get a chance to pitch out of the stretch. It'd be a poor move to let him back into the stretch after 4 innings of nothing but the windup.

Also, what a freaking play by Branyan! Lot of nice leather being flashed by Seattle tonight.

Archived