Is it time to fire Trembley  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to fire Trembley

• Yes, fire him immediately
    • No, but don't bring him back next season
    • No, I still have faith in DT and would like to see him back next season

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest rochester
I would be interested in the people who say he should be fired to chime in on why they picked that option.

Me too. I am not ashamed of admitting I like DT and would really like to see him take this team all the way...even with his warts. Why not be afraid to admit you want him fired? ahhh the faceless internet

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got my problems with DT but this thread made me really angry, and if it made me really angry, I can only imagine the horrific generalizations of the OH forthcoming from rshack!

Wow... I am really shocked that this thread has made so many upset. To me, if you believe someone is not doing a good enough job at his or her job, than it is natural to think that it may be time to look elsewhere.

However, I do not want to enrage the Hangout with a simple question on where DT stands with the fans... therefore mods, if you feel it is necessary and appropriate, please delete this thread.

Wow... I am really shocked that this thread has made so many upset. To me, if you believe someone is not doing a good enough job at his or her job, than it is natural to think that it may be time to look elsewhere.

However, I do not want to enrage the Hangout with a simple question on where DT stands with the fans... therefore mods, if you feel it is necessary and appropriate, please delete this thread.

I think he was being sarcastic.

I wouldnt worry to much about it. The question is a logical follow-up to all of the negatives mentioned about Trembley. This isn't really a question for people to get bent out of shape about.

Guest rochester
I wouldnt worry to much about it. The question is a logical follow-up to all of the negatives mentioned about Trembley. This isn't really a question for people to get bent out of shape about.

Exactly...not upset but just interested in the reasons why the couple of folks feel that way. The poll itself is fine glorydays..and actually makes thing easier than the other voluminous one...

I was being a bit facetious (though I definitely think it would be a very bad idea to fire DT right now). One of the biggest reasons why I wouldn't want to fire DT is because there are few replacements that I think would do a better job. On the whole I've rarely seen a manager handle his bullpen without pigeonholed roles and stay away from the tempting aggression that often costs your team runs.

Also, the players respect and like playing for DT, I don't think you can say the same of some of our past managers. If Davey Johnson was willing to be our manager next year I would make that switch in a second, after this season concludes of course.

I was actually thinking about this a little while ago.

How much pull does a website like the OH have? How much noise could we make on here before the press picked it up and started running with it and starting rumors about a manager getting canned?

I think on a topic like this, the OH should have ZERO PULL. The same people who vote fire, and there does not seem to be many, are largely the same ones who would change their vote during a winning streak. Frankly over reacting and doing things on an emotional basis, should not be elements in letting a manager go.

I've got my problems with DT but this thread made me really angry, and if it made me really angry, I can only imagine the horrific generalizations of the OH forthcoming from rshack!

I'm just surprised somebody hasn't said we should move him for prospects...

I was actually thinking about this a little while ago.

How much pull does a website like the OH have? How much noise could we make on here before the press picked it up and started running with it and starting rumors about a manager getting canned?

Didn't Roy break the Tex/Angelos meeting on here?

DT gets fired when he loses the clubhouse. I actually see this as inevitable. In game decisions really have little to do with the job. However, you can't continue to make calls that don't give your team their best chance to win and expect your players to have faith in you.

I want to see if the team quits on him in September three years running before I pass judgement.

The team has lost bad in September 11 years running. I do not like the word quit as much as over matched. Go back and look who finished the seasons on the mound. Santos, Zambrano, Halama, Britton, Manon,Leicaster, Cormier, Cherry, Bukvich, FCab, bring any nightmares to any one. They all filled spots as the Orioles closed out the last 3 years. This has been the case over the last 11 years. It is not the managers.....its the players. I think this year will be different in that we should be bringing up prospects but there will be growing pains. The best manager this town ever saw, had a horrible last tour here. Did he forget how to manage??

DT does things that make me scratch my head, but the managerial merry go round has to stop.

This poll is absurd. Fire him on what grounds? Were we really pennant contenders this year? And the timing of the poll is unsound. Admittedly by many on this board, this is an exciting time to follow the club with what the farm is beginning to produce. Give him time to work with what coming up. I mean damn, the man was given a pile of rubbish to work with to start. And as far as this team fading in September, that has been a nasty habit this club has been doing for a decade. I believe Trembley is the man to get this club turned around, but it takes time.

The team has lost bad in September 11 years running. I do not like the word quit as much as over matched. Go back and look who finished the seasons on the mound. Santos, Zambrano, Halama, Britton, Manon,Leicaster, Cormier, Cherry, Bukvich, FCab, bring any nightmares to any one. They all filled spots as the Orioles closed out the last 3 years. This has been the case over the last 11 years. It is not the managers.....its the players. I think this year will be different in that we should be bringing up prospects but there will be growing pains. The best manager this town ever saw, had a horrible last tour here. Did he forget how to manage??

DT does things that make me scratch my head, but the managerial merry go round has to stop.

Bad pitching is bad pitching, but to my eyes the team has quit on DT the last two Septembers. If you think you are seeing max effort then I am glad for you, but I do not agree.

I will agree that John McGraw had a rough last season in Baltimore.

Archived