Some stuff I've heard

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a couple thinks floating around.... we won't select a Boras client..... and we really considering Mike Leake at #5.

If Ackley falls.... :cussing:

Leake would just be a horrible pick at #5...

And lastly we are back to avoiding Boras clients? Joy... :angryfire:

Ackley won't be there.

If, as Tony stated before, they're all viewed by our scouting department as generally having the same talent level, what's the big deal?

Here's a couple thinks floating around.... we won't select a Boras client..... and we really considering Mike Leake at #5.

I don't doubt what you're hearing, but I'd be floored if we took Leake at #5.

Not going to happen, IMO.

Hold on Trea...

Aren't you all in favor of making sure we get safe value out of our pick? I'm not at all in favor of drafting Leake but he's about the safest pick in the entire draft. He profiles as a Brad Bergesen (to me at least) with better secondary offerings.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=mlb_draft

Keith Law's new top 15:

Stephen Strasburg

Dustin Ackley

Donovan Tate

Tony Sanchez

Zack Wheeler

Tyler Matzek

Alex White

Mike Minor

Jacob Turner

Drew Storen

Bobby Borchering

Mike Leake

Grant Green

Shelby Miller

Rex Brothers or Eric Arnett

If the Padres can't afford Tate, they'll take Zack Wheeler, and the Orioles would probably take Matt Hobgood. The A's alternative at No. 13 is Mike Trout, but I think they'll take Green.

What's this obsession with Hobgood?!

I'm not sure why the Orioles would want a slot player that is quick to sign, especially a HS guy?

A HS player isn't likely to help us for 3-4 years down the road at the earliest, so what is the harm if they don't pitch this season?

My thinking is it would set the budget for the rest of the picks. Get the first rounder done and you have a better idea how much you have for the Bundys of this draft.

Hold on Trea...

Aren't you all in favor of making sure we get safe value out of our pick? I'm not at all in favor of drafting Leake but he's about the safest pick in the entire draft. He profiles as a Brad Bergesen (to me at least) with better secondary offerings.

I'd rather take a HS pitcher with a higher upside.

I'm just not a fan of the college pitchers. Leake's stature concerns me as well as the abuse his arm has taken in college. I don't know if he'd be able to hold up under a full season.

It would take me a looooooong time to get over that. You thought Millar, Smoak and Tex were bad...

So let's hope it doesn't happen and the Orioles take him. :)

Or at worst somebody else beats us to him... :(

Here is another option that everyone else on this board would agree with. You can get over yourself and your anger and stop assuming that you know how to run an MLB team better than MacPhail. It won't happen but that is the one that I'm hoping for.

Archived