Anyone else cheering for the O's to lose?

JoeOrsulak

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at this year's MLB All-Stars (excluding non-drafted int'l free agents), the following players were chosen in the top ten picks of their respective drafts:

A-Rod - #1 overall

D. Jeter - rd 1 (#6 overall)

J. Beckett - rd 1 (#2)

J. Verlander - rd 1 (#2)

P. Fielder - rd 1 (#7)

B. Bonds - rd 1 (#6)

K. Griffey - #1 overall

B. Sheets - rd 1 (#10)

D. Young - rd 1 (#4)

These players were not:

D. Haren - round 2

P. Polanco - rd 19

C. Crawford - rd 2

T. Hunter - rd 1 (#20)

B. Jenks - rd 5

J. Lackey - rd 2

M. Lowell - rd 20

G. Meche - rd 1 (#22)

J. Morneau - rd 3

J. Papelbon - rd 4

J. Posada - rd 24

J. Putz - rd 6

M. Ramirez - rd 1 (#13)

A. Rios - rd 1 (#19)

B. Roberts - rd 1 (#50)

C. Sabathia - rd 1 (#20)

G. Sizemore - rd 3

M. Young - rd 5

J. Peavy - rd 15

R. Martin - rd 17

C. Utley - rd 1 (#15)

D. Wright - rd 1 (#38)

C. Beltran - rd 2

C. Hamels - rd 1 (#17)

B. Fuentes - rd 25

J. Hardy - rd 2

T. Hoffman - rd 11

M. Holliday - rd 7

O. Hudson - rd 43

D. Lee - rd 1 (#14)

B. McCann - rd 2

R. Oswalt - rd 23

B. Penny - rd 5

A. Pujols - rd 13

A. Rowand - rd 1 (#35)

F. Sanchez - rd 11

J. Smoltz - rd 22

B. Wagner - rd 1 (#12)

B. Webb - rd 8

C. Young - rd 3

It's not like there's nothing left if you don't pick in the top 10. Heck, immortals like Al Chambers, Brien Taylor & Shawn Abner were once number one picks overall.

Looking at this year's MLB All-Stars (excluding non-drafted int'l free agents), the following players were chosen in the top ten picks of their respective drafts:

A-Rod - #1 overall

D. Jeter - rd 1 (#6 overall)

J. Beckett - rd 1 (#2)

J. Verlander - rd 1 (#2)

P. Fielder - rd 1 (#7)

B. Bonds - rd 1 (#6)

K. Griffey - #1 overall

B. Sheets - rd 1 (#10)

D. Young - rd 1 (#4)

Good point.

But let me point out that moving up 8 or 9 more spots is a big difference because that draft position occurs for each round. Right now there are 10 teams around 56,57, or 58 wins (before today).

I'm certainly not cheering for an Orioles loss that's for sure, but we all know we are in for the 10th losing season so as long as we play the "kids," I can tolerate the losses if it means we are doing so to better our position for 2008. And with each Orioles loss, the higher draft pick we get...

Good point.

But let me point out that moving up 8 or 9 more spots is a big difference because that draft position occurs for each round. Right now there are 10 teams around 56,57, or 58 wins (before today).

Right and I think we'll soon see Mauer, Delmon Young, Alex Gordon, and Justin Upton in plenty of All-Star games when it's all said and done.

I'd hedge my bets and say Pedro Alvarez has that same kind of elite talent.

Right and I think we'll soon see Mauer, Delmon Young, Alex Gordon, and Justin Upton in plenty of All-Star games when it's all said and done.

It feels like just yesterday they were saying that about Ben McDonald and Jeffrey Hammonds.

Remember the words of wise Joaquin: "Baseball's crazy. Youneverknow"

I'd like to see these people that want the O's to lose tell this to the Ripkens, Murray, Palmer, Brooks, the great O's of the past. For that matter tell this to Millar, and Roberts. That you want them to play bad so we can get a better draft pick. Its beyond crazy that you want them team you love to lose games. Its sad that its came to this for some of you 'fans'.

Un-friggin-believable.

Last week, I started a thread expressing my wish that Millar would go hitless for ONE night while the Orioles WON a game & got shredded on here.

Now, we have people actively rooting for the team to lose and they get received like visionary deep thinkers who alone are privy to the ability of some teenagers and young adults to come save this franchise.

Stop right there. I see no one treating this as a visionary idea except the guy who posted it. If you want credibility start by dealing in facts.

Archived