I'm ready for new leadership, you?

Fan4Life

Ready for new Leadership?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ready for new Leadership?

• Yes
    • Not yet

Well, as many of us in the game thread were disgusted to see 2 successful hit and runs where the lead runner would not look to the 3rd base coach to know whats happening, instead, tried to locate the ball themselves, retreating some... then... having to hustle to 3b. Izturis would have scored.

The pitch locations tonight I thought were horrible. Throwing inside as much as we did was a trainwreck waiting to happen. This isn't the first time I've thought the game calling was horrible. It's more usual to me than unusual.

So yes, I am ready to replace DT.. hate to say it but he isn't able to get the results he desires out of this team.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw that veiled insult, but I'm seriously asking the question here...

Why aren't they executing IYO?

Because a lot of them simply don't think for the team. The young ones need to be worried about. The older ones, we need to take with a grain of salt.

I saw that veiled insult, but I'm seriously asking the question here...

Why aren't they executing?

I don't know, they just aren't good baserunners?

Changing managers isn't going to all of a sudden make these guys good baserunners.

We got beat tonight, plain and simple. Managing had nothing to do with it.

Well, as many of us in the game thread were disgusted to see 2 successful hit and runs where the lead runner would not look to the 3rd base coach to know whats happening, instead, tried to locate the ball themselves, retreating some... then... having to hustle to 3b. Izturis would have scored.

The pitch locations tonight I thought were horrible. Throwing inside as much as we did was a trainwreck waiting to happen. This isn't the first time I've thought the game calling was horrible. It's more usual to me than unusual.

So yes, I am ready to replace DT.. hate to say it but he isn't able to get the results he desires out of this team.

Pitch locations? We gave up 2 runs to the MFY's. The pitching was fine.

No. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him change his stripes. You can't teach an old dog how to drink water. Etc.

Tony Robbins says everything we do is for one of 2 reasons:

1) To gain pleasure

2) To avoid pain

I can assure you if the level of incompetence is accompanied by enough pain, it will change. Maybe never to the degree that you'd like, but it will change... that Hog will drink...

You're right, MANAGING had nothing to do with losing tonight, that is a crappy excuse!!!

Managing does have something to do with every game. Trembley simply doesn't have the authority or power to make these guys hold the line and play smart baseball.

Every coach has that responsibility to get the job done and done right!!

Pitch locations? We gave up 2 runs to the MFY's. The pitching was fine.
And both were on solo HRs. I didn't see either, but gamethread people seem to imply both were grooved pretty much right down the middle of the plate. That said, the pitching obviously wasn't the culprit tonight, it was poor baserunning and lack of clutch hitting with runners in scoring position.

Fines or benching the repeat offenders would be a good start.
And you know this from all the fines and benching of repeat offenders you've seen work wonders for other teams? Certainly not from any actual understanding of the intricacies of a major league clubhouse.

It always amuses me to see that fans and outsiders who think they know exactly how they'd "whip this sorry bunch of losers into a group of winners". Its like they think the movie Little Big League was a freaking documentary.

You're right, MANAGING had nothing to do with losing tonight, that is a crappy excuse!!!

Managing does have something to do with every game. Trembley simply doesn't have the authority or power to make these guys hold the line and play smart baseball.

Every coach has that responsibility to get the job done and done right!!

So by your logic every team who isn't playing well should fire their manager?

The bolded part is ridiculous and full of assumptions, you have absolutely no way of knowing this.

So many people here just want change for the sake of change. It's a good thing the people in charge are much more patient than some people on here.

Archived