Adams sent home

3M9

I heard that Billy was told that he's going to AA next year (that's from a couple weeks ago). That would be typical for the O's organization and another example of rewarding poor attitude and performance.

Irregardless of age, Rowell is the WORST player on the entire roster for the Keys. Worst attitude on the team as well. He'll be 21 in a couple weeks. If he were in college, he'd be a SR this year. SR's in college are LEADERS, dedicated workers, etc. Rowell is none of those.

Rowell has more errors, as an individual, than most entire OF's have. His attitude is awful, his OPS is virtually LAST of all "qualified" players in the league...and they're discussing moving him to AA?!

I think every here understands the lack of production from BR this year.

What I do not understand is why a poster would expect college level maturity and leadership from someone who did not attend college? Few people are true leaders and it's absurd to knock Rowell for failing to be a leader. Who cares? If he has attitude and effort issues, then it's an issue that speaks to his likelihood (or unlikelikhood) to reach his potential. The other stuff is just plain piling on.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct that few are actual leaders. However, I didn't mean to say that Rowell should be a leader on this team. I'm just saying that his attitude is awful...and if he were in college he'd be in the position of being a leader (as a SR). Although you're not a leader, you can still exhibit positive behavior as a player, teammate, etc.

Although I might have made some poor decisions when I was 21, I still did everything I could to make everyone around me better, worked as hard as I possibly could, listened and learned. There's no reason why Rowell cannot do the same things. If he did, and you married that w/ his huge power potential -the O's would have something (and so would Rowell).

You are correct that few are actual leaders. However, I didn't mean to say that Rowell should be a leader on this team. I'm just saying that his attitude is awful...and if he were in college he'd be in the position of being a leader (as a SR). Although you're not a leader, you can still exhibit positive behavior as a player, teammate, etc.

Although I might have made some poor decisions when I was 21, I still did everything I could to make everyone around me better, worked as hard as I possibly could, listened and learned. There's no reason why Rowell cannot do the same things. If he did, and you married that w/ his huge power potential -the O's would have something (and so would Rowell).

Or maybe he just cannot hit advanced pitching.

It's hard to believe that attitude alone accounts for an abysmal season like this.

Archived